It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 09:07

Come This Weekend

Hang up your Chisels and Plane blades and take a load off with a recently turned goblet of your favourite poison, in the lounge of our Gentlemen's (and ladies) Club.

Re: Come This Weekend

Postby Rod » 19 Dec 2016, 09:58

That's sad - I know of several people who've been to Iceland and on airplane chasing flights who've had no success - it's very much hit or miss.
I've also read that the fantastic photos shown of it are generally time lapsed and compilation shots.
Actual sightings are not as good as made out.

Rod
Rod
Old Oak

Name:

Postby Malc2098 » 19 Dec 2016, 09:59

It's still something to marvel at, green in the sky, even in your photos. Thanks, Mark.
Malcolm
Malc2098
Sequoia

Name: Malcolm

Postby TrimTheKing » 19 Dec 2016, 10:46

Hi Dave, sadly not, that was the only night we had with clear skies and a KP above 0.7 and we're back home now. Maybe next year...

Rod we did wonder whether that was the case but I have seen some good footage from aeroplanes when they chased the lights for Stargazing Live on the BBC.

I can at least say I have seen them with my own eyes even if they weren't what they could have been.

Cheers
Mark
Cheers
Mark
TrimTheKing
Site Admin

Name: Mark

Postby Rod » 19 Dec 2016, 11:38

Not even remotely in the same league but took this on our way to Yorkshire on Sunday - there was about a dozen of them moving very slowly as very little wind

Rod
Rod
Old Oak

Name:

Previous

Return to The Woodmangler's Retreat