It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 00:18

Walter

Hang up your Chisels and Plane blades and take a load off with a recently turned goblet of your favourite poison, in the lounge of our Gentlemen's (and ladies) Club.

Walter

Postby Rod » 15 Jan 2017, 00:38

I stumbled across a neat bit of software that allows you to transfer video, audio, music, directly to any iOS kit from Windows or Mac without going through iPlayer.
It's called WaltR, not cheap at £30 odd but you can try it free for 24hrs.
Transfers pretty quickly too - just click and drag.

Rod
Rod
Old Oak

Name:

Re: Walter

Postby TrimTheKing » 15 Jan 2017, 11:16

Thanks Rod, will take a look at that.

Mark
Cheers
Mark
TrimTheKing
Site Admin

Name: Mark

Postby Rod » 15 Jan 2017, 12:39

Well I found a couple of flaws with it.
The metadata it brings up for each subject is not always correct and there's no way of editing it.
Most of the videos I transferred were my own creations - one Titled "Duet" of two of my granddaughters playing the piano came up with the film called Duet with cast listing etc. On some other films it came up with the wrong version.
It worked fine on my phone and also when I transferred stuff to my wife's phone but when I went back to my phone it wouldn't transfer. But did when I then used my iPod. Failed again when I tried my phone again??
I was only using a trial version perhaps the full one works better?
Worth a try though as it's amazing how much you can transfer in 24hrs as long as you don't change the device.

Rod
Rod
Old Oak

Name:

Postby Rod » 18 Jan 2017, 13:09

I've been in touch with the software firm - they are based in the Marshall Islands.
Finally identified the problem - you have to close or quit the app before disconnecting. Then you can reconnect without any problems.
After 3 free trials my phone and iPad is now full of videos! 70Gbs worth

Rod
Rod
Old Oak

Name:

Return to The Woodmangler's Retreat