It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 13:18

ArrowXL - and losing the will to live

Hang up your Chisels and Plane blades and take a load off with a recently turned goblet of your favourite poison, in the lounge of our Gentlemen's (and ladies) Club.

ArrowXL - and losing the will to live

Postby RogerS » 19 Mar 2017, 07:35

If you value your sanity, avoid buying anything from any company who use these numpties for delivery. This is a bit long but its worth it for the end!

The access where we now live is a little tricky and turning very tight. So small delivery vehicles are needed. We bought a couple of kitchen appliances from Appliance Direct and each time requested a small vehicle. Both deliveries by Arrow XL were flawless.

Feb 12th we ordered a couple of items on special order from Appliance Direct. Delivery scheduled for Mar 8th. Again small vehicle requested and confirmed.

March 7th - usual notifications arrive then on

March 8th .....mid-morning phone goes and it's the delivery driver.."Just had a look at my note, mate, and it says small vehicle required. I'm in a 7-tonner. Do you reckon it will be OK?". WTF? After a bit of reasoned discussion and my description of the access, he aborts the delivery.

Call 'Customer Service' - I use the term 'service' very loosely in this context - to ask why they've messed this one up.

"We need two weeks notice for a small vehicle and we didn't know anything about this one" ! No apology. No concern.

"In that case, please explain why your driver has it clearly marked on his delivery note"?"

"We need two weeks notice and you'll get your goods the next time the vehicle is in your area" :shock:

"When will that be then?"

"We need two weeks notice and you'll get your goods the next time the vehicle is in your area"

Realising I am dealing with the Computer Says No, I call Appliance Direct to seek their help. Concern expressed, promises to sort it out and get delivery quicker than two weeks. Remember, everyone knew about this requirement on Feb 12th when the order was placed.

Several days pass with me getting more annoyed with both AD and NumptyXL in not being able to give me a firm date. Then on Monday 13th I get a phone call from NumptyXL...

"Are you in tomorrow? We can deliver our items then if that's OK".

Result! Happy Bunny. Of course I'll be in. Get all the usual notifications.

Mon 14th - come 3pm still no phone call to tell me when they are coming and so I call ArrowXL. The conversation goes like this..

"Good afternoon, just wondering if you could give me any idea as to when my items will be delivered?"

"The delivery has been cancelled" WTF ? :shock:

"Who cancelled it?"

"The warehouse"

"Whose warehouse? Appliance Direct or your warehouse?"

"Our warehouse".

"Why did your warehouse cancel the delivery then?"

"Because they can't find the items". :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

"Why did no-one bother to call me and tell me ?"

Silence.

"Can I please speak to a manager?"

"No, none are available?"

Have you noticed that the crappier a companies service is, the more difficult it is to speak to a manager?

Back to Appliance Direct who get NumptyXL to carry out a warehouse search. Days go by, lots of calls. No-one at NumptyXL knows what's going on. Appliance Direct get them to do another warehouse search.

Suddenly this Friday just gone, I get the usual notifications "We're delivering your items between 11.15 and 13.15 on Saturday 18th". Naturally no courtesy call from NumptyXL. No apology. SFA , in fact. But at least they have found the items.

So re-arrange the days activities to be in.

March 18th .....mid-morning phone goes and it's the delivery driver.."Just had a look at my note, mate, and it says small vehicle required. I'm in a 7-tonner. Do you reckon it will be OK?". WTF? After a bit of reasoned discussion and my description of the access, he aborts the delivery.

Back to Square One.

So, my friends, if you value your sanity, avoid using ArrowXL. They have set a new bar for crass incompetence.
If opportunity doesn't knock, build a door.
RogerS
Petrified Pine

Name:

Re: ArrowXL - and losing the will to live

Postby Mike G » 19 Mar 2017, 08:29

Roger, I suggest you send that directly to a manager at the company. It couldn't give the story from the customer's viewpoint any more clearly or succinctly.
Mike G
Sequoia

Name:

Postby Robert » 19 Mar 2017, 11:13

Better still give a link to it being on a public forum where it will be permanently available to anyone searching google.

Putting it on review sites like trust pilot and these companies facebook/twitter pages will get results too.

I got a dispute resolved by posting a video review with all the facts on youtube. Settled within days with condition I removed said review.
Robert
Old Oak

Name: Robert

Postby Andyp » 19 Mar 2017, 11:22

Mike G wrote:Roger, I suggest you send that directly to a manager at the company. It couldn't give the story from the customer's viewpoint any more clearly or succinctly.

The company being Appliance Direct with whom you have a contract not Arrow XL.

It is a complete and utter cop out in my opinion that the company from whom you buy something then let you chase their (not yours) courier to sort things out when it goes wrong. Appliance Direct arrange the delivery it is up to them to sort out Arrow XL not you.
I do not think therefore I do not am.

cheers
Andy
Andyp
Petrified Pine

Name: Andy

Postby RogerS » 19 Mar 2017, 11:26

Andyp wrote:
Mike G wrote:Roger, I suggest you send that directly to a manager at the company. It couldn't give the story from the customer's viewpoint any more clearly or succinctly.

The company being Appliance Direct with whom you have a contract not Arrow XL.

It is a complete and utter cop out in my opinion that the company from whom you buy something then let you chase their (not yours) courier to sort things out when it goes wrong. Appliance Direct arrange the delivery it is up to them to sort out Arrow XL not you.

To be fair to Appliance Direct, they are doing their best as far as I can see and they are speaking to their account manager at ArrowXL on Monday. But I have written to the Customer Service Director at ArrowXL simply because I think he needs to know what a lot of BS his 'vision statement' is.
RogerS
Petrified Pine

Name:

Postby RogerS » 19 Mar 2017, 11:34

Robert wrote:...
Putting it on review sites like trust pilot and these companies facebook/twitter pages will get results too.

Good call, Robert.
RogerS
Petrified Pine

Name:

Postby Rod » 19 Mar 2017, 12:28

Any chance of improving your access in the long term?

Rod
Rod
Old Oak

Name:

Postby Phil » 19 Mar 2017, 12:40

RogerS wrote: But I have written to the Customer Service Director at ArrowXL simply because I think he needs to know what a lot of BS his 'vision statement' is.

Roger, important to always be polite, like when I write to the bank ...........

The Managing Director, Standard Bank of South Africa

Dear Sir and/or madam,

Could you please advise if you are incompetant, useless and or unwilling to do a proper job.

That generally tends to get their attention, and then I start with the problem. :lol: :lol:
We don't stop woodworking because we grow old, we grow old because we stop woodworking!

https://www.instagram.com/phil_pretoria/
Phil
Old Oak

Name: Phil

Postby RogerS » 19 Mar 2017, 12:42

Rod wrote:Any chance of improving your access in the long term?

Rod

Very questionable, TBH. The topology doesn't really lend itself.
RogerS
Petrified Pine

Name:

Postby RogerS » 21 Mar 2017, 08:12

Rod wrote:Any chance of improving your access in the long term?

Rod

Rod

This is the difficult bend and a few other shots. I guess it might be possible to regrade and then cut the corner off but the end result might look a bit naff and still be intractable. I guess this is your area of expertise, though :)

RogerS
Petrified Pine

Name:

Postby Rod » 21 Mar 2017, 09:40

That's some drive, it looks in reasonably condition - is it all yours?
I would need a plan and some levels to work out a possible route for larger vehicles. I've still got a set of templates for a range of vehicle movements that we used to use before the introduction of 3D CAD.

Rod
Rod
Old Oak

Name:

Postby RogerS » 21 Mar 2017, 09:50

Rod wrote:That's some drive, it looks in reasonably condition - is it all yours?
I would need a plan and some levels to work out a possible route for larger vehicles. I've still got a set of templates for a range of vehicle movements that we used to use before the introduction of 3D CAD.

Rod

Yes it is but I'm afraid that I have no idea what's involved with taking levels.
RogerS
Petrified Pine

Name:

Postby Rod » 21 Mar 2017, 10:39

You would need a topographical survey which would include Spot levels taken every 10m longitudinally to produce cross sections. Typically drive edges, Centre line and levels on adjoining ground to cover possible new route(s).
Also pick up any features such as fences, trees, walls, utility covers etc etc.
In the old days, carried out with theodolites and dumpy levels, now Total Station devices.

Rod
Rod
Old Oak

Name:

Postby RogerS » 21 Mar 2017, 11:00

Rod wrote:You would need a topographical survey which would include Spot levels taken every 10m longitudinally to produce cross sections. Typically drive edges, Centre line and levels on adjoining ground to cover possible new route(s).
Also pick up any features such as fences, trees, walls, utility covers etc etc.
In the old days, carried out with theodolites and dumpy levels, now Total Station devices.

Rod

LOL! Beyond my skill set. I think I'll put this one on hold for the moment, Rod.
RogerS
Petrified Pine

Name:

Postby Andyp » 21 Mar 2017, 11:01

How on earth did the removals lorry cope?
I do not think therefore I do not am.

cheers
Andy
Andyp
Petrified Pine

Name: Andy

Postby RogerS » 21 Mar 2017, 11:29

Andyp wrote:How on earth did the removals lorry cope?

They didn't! We had to shell out an extra £2k as they needed to send up a smaller vehicle to tranship up from the village where the three large vans were parked plus hire in a couple of local lads and small van from the local removal company.
RogerS
Petrified Pine

Name:

Postby RogerS » 09 Apr 2017, 18:47

Happy Ending.

I eventually got my goods, a complimentary bottle f very nice Californian Beringer and some smart chocolates from Arrow (and hopefully they will take onboard where their processes failed...they said that they would) and £100 refund from Appliance Direct.
RogerS
Petrified Pine

Name:

Postby Malc2098 » 09 Apr 2017, 20:09

Result. Wel done for sticking to your guns!!
Malcolm
Malc2098
Sequoia

Name: Malcolm

Postby TrimTheKing » 09 Apr 2017, 22:12

:eusa-clap: :eusa-dance:
Cheers
Mark
TrimTheKing
Site Admin

Name: Mark