It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 03:16

Hinterland

Hang up your Chisels and Plane blades and take a load off with a recently turned goblet of your favourite poison, in the lounge of our Gentlemen's (and ladies) Club.

Hinterland

Postby Rod » 06 May 2017, 21:04

Hinterland is back 21:00hrs BBC4 tonight

Rod
Rod
Old Oak

Name:

Re: Hinterland

Postby Phil » 07 May 2017, 07:28

I have not yet seen this one pop up on our channels.

With our DSTV we have a BBC First and BBC Brit channels.

On BBC First I watch DCI Banks, Father Browne, Midsomer Murders, Inspector Gently and then there was Morse many years ago.

On BBC Brit I watch Top Gear. There is Pointless (the once or twice I scanned thru it - it was Pointless, maybe just dont' understand the rules?)

I generally prefer the Brit shows over the 'Merican ones, which are just full of skop-skiet & donner (fighting, shooting, explosions) and some of the vocabulary consists of F---, F---, F----- every second word.

Yes, I did take my medication, and no I am not increasing the dose. :lol:
We don't stop woodworking because we grow old, we grow old because we stop woodworking!

https://www.instagram.com/phil_pretoria/
Phil
Old Oak

Name: Phil

Re: Hinterland

Postby Rod » 07 May 2017, 10:37

Hinterland is a Welsh production, in its third series - there's a mysterious thread running through them. So best to start with the early ones.
They film it twice - once in Welsh (for BBC Wales) and then again mainly in English with subtitles.
Very atmospheric filming and acting.
Previous series are on Netflix or Amazon??

I'm surprised those programmes you listed as BBC 1 as they are all ITV (Commercial) ones.
Pointless - the more obscure the answer, the lower the points and more likely to win but I prefer Eggheads.

Rod
Rod
Old Oak

Name:

Return to The Woodmangler's Retreat