It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 21:13

Watch out using Amazon

Hang up your Chisels and Plane blades and take a load off with a recently turned goblet of your favourite poison, in the lounge of our Gentlemen's (and ladies) Club.

Watch out using Amazon

Postby RogerS » 17 May 2017, 13:52

Sharp practice exemplar.

They've changed some of the pages when you place your order and also the wording is very ambiguous. Also the default 'select' is in their favour.

To become a Prime member. I got suckered into joining for the free trial and surprisingly so did LOML. It's easy enough to go and cancel but even so. Annoying that they set these traps.
If opportunity doesn't knock, build a door.
RogerS
Petrified Pine

Name:

Re: Watch out using Amazon

Postby HappyHacker » 17 May 2017, 14:38

I also got suckered into pressing the wrong button so I cancelled the order but that did not cancel Prime which I had to do separately. Bought the item elsewhere (cheaper). I try my best not to use them, apart from reading the reviews of anything I intend buying, and am happy to pay a little more to a company paying British taxes which does not try to con me into buying something I do not want.
HappyHacker
Sapling

Name: Kevin

Postby Robert » 17 May 2017, 15:44

And I'm a prime subscriber intentionally :)

It's just so convenient. Next day delivery and streaming video included. plus you'll not find a better company for returns. New item sent or refund issued before you have even sent the item back.

Just have to remember to buy from Amazon and not a seller if you want full service.
Robert
Old Oak

Name: Robert

Postby Mike G » 17 May 2017, 17:30

Yeah, I was a member for a trial period. I bought 5 or 6 things in that time, and not a single one of them arrived the next day. So, as compensation, they extended my membership for another 3 months, free, yet still nothing arrived within the allotted time-frame. I don't stream films, so nothing other than the free next day delivery was of any interest to me, and as that simply never happened, I cancelled my membership as soon as the free period ran out. Living in the countryside is like that.
Mike G
Sequoia

Name:

Postby 9fingers » 17 May 2017, 17:47

Mike G wrote:Yeah, I was a member for a trial period. I bought 5 or 6 things in that time, and not a single one of them arrived the next day. So, as compensation, they extended my membership for another 3 months, free, yet still nothing arrived within the allotted time-frame. I don't stream films, so nothing other than the free next day delivery was of any interest to me, and as that simply never happened, I cancelled my membership as soon as the free period ran out. Living in the countryside is like that.

I'm surprised that you did not get the quick delivery service. My son gets free Amazon prime as a student and we buy things on the back of his membership and I think without fail they have come within 24 hrs - sometimes deliveries at 8 or 9pm.

Bob
Information on induction motors here
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1dBTVXx ... sp=sharing
Email:motors@minchin.org.uk
9fingers
Petrified Pine

Location: Romsey Hampshire between Southampton and the New Forest
Name: Bob

Postby Woodster » 17 May 2017, 18:35

Robert wrote:You'll not find a better company for returns. New item sent or refund issued before you have even sent the item back.

Agreed.

I've been using Amazon for 20 years. Before they opened up shop here I was buying books from their US operation.
Woodster
Old Oak

Name:

Postby TrimTheKing » 17 May 2017, 22:46

We LOVE Amazon Prime here at Trimble Towers, both the video streaming and the free/next day deliveries. We are lucky to be visually remote but close enough to have main delivery depots for all major couriers within a mile and My Hermes, Yodel etc all very local so if I order next day at 4pm then it is always there next day.

They are sneaky with their recent changes to defaults, but given the amount we order from them the Prime membership more than pays for itself.

Cheers
Mark
Cheers
Mark
TrimTheKing
Site Admin

Name: Mark

Return to The Woodmangler's Retreat