It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 02:17

Washing machines for a cold wash

Hang up your Chisels and Plane blades and take a load off with a recently turned goblet of your favourite poison, in the lounge of our Gentlemen's (and ladies) Club.

Re: Washing machines for a cold wash

Postby 9fingers » 21 May 2017, 16:57

Tusses wrote:
9fingers wrote:It is annoying that these appliances won't take hot fill as we have free stored hot water for nearly 9 months of the year. We end up having to time the washing for when the sun is shining to aim to get free electricity for real time water heating in the machine.

All it saves the makers is the price of a hose and a solenoid valve. I'm very tempted to connect the hot tap to the cold inlet sometimes.

Bob

I'm sure you could build a 2 way valve on a timer, so at least you get the 1st fill , or half a wash, with free hot water and the rest on cold ?

Agreed! all very doable with donations from the time fairy :lol:
Information on induction motors here
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1dBTVXx ... sp=sharing
Email:motors@minchin.org.uk
9fingers
Petrified Pine

Location: Romsey Hampshire between Southampton and the New Forest
Name: Bob

Postby RogerS » 21 May 2017, 19:39

9fingers wrote:
Andyp wrote:
9fingers wrote:It is annoying that these appliances won't take hot fill as we have free stored hot water for nearly 9 months of the year. We end up having to time the washing for when the sun is shining to aim to get free electricity for real time water heating in the machine.

All it saves the makers is the price of a hose and a solenoid valve. I'm very tempted to connect the hot tap to the cold inlet sometimes.

Bob

Are the taps that control the feed easily accessible Bob? You could join the hot feed to the cold feed and just control the two taps as necessary.

And break the water regulations you mean?? No other water supply can be connected to incoming cold supply and risk contamination. :D
Bob

You need a private water supply, Bob. Then you can do whatever you like :D
If opportunity doesn't knock, build a door.
RogerS
Petrified Pine

Name:

Postby Woodster » 21 May 2017, 22:32

As a point of interest when we had the Miele engineer out to our machine he told us to do a very hot wash once in a while to keep the machine clean.
Woodster
Old Oak

Name:

Postby Rod » 21 May 2017, 22:42

Confirms what I said a while back

Rod
Rod
Old Oak

Name:

Previous

Return to The Woodmangler's Retreat