It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 12:22

Another ebay niggle

Hang up your Chisels and Plane blades and take a load off with a recently turned goblet of your favourite poison, in the lounge of our Gentlemen's (and ladies) Club.

Another ebay niggle

Postby 9fingers » 01 Jul 2017, 10:16

I ordered an item for a project plan B after plan A had failed so wanted something quickly.

I deliberately chose one sending from within UK and a delivery window in a few days.

The email saying had been despatched came quite soon after as well as a post office tracking number so I was happy with that and got on with a few other jobs in the meantime.
Once the delivery window had passed, I looked up the tracking number - not recognised by the post office.
I contacted the seller who turns out to have an address in China who said these tracking numbers were their own tracking info and that it would cost more to use post office ones etc etc

Cheeky so and so's are using the same format as the PO tracking codes, two letters, 9 digits followed by GB to deceive the buyers. The item still has not turned up but rest assured I will be contacting ebay about this deception.

Due to the urgency, I have ordered another from a bona-fide uk supplier which arrived today so I can get on.

Grrr!

Bob
Information on induction motors here
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1dBTVXx ... sp=sharing
Email:motors@minchin.org.uk
9fingers
Petrified Pine

Location: Romsey Hampshire between Southampton and the New Forest
Name: Bob

Re: Another ebay niggle

Postby Tusses » 01 Jul 2017, 10:22

if the 1st one turns up Bob, and it needs signing for, just have it returned unsigned .
Also you can open an item not received case with ebay, as soon as the suggested delivery date has passed.
The sellers money then gets taken back off them, sort of in escrow, until the matter is resolved. After a certin amount of time ebay will just refund you , if the case is not closed.

As a seller myself, I've found that buyers now know this, and the number of buyer theft cases is going through the roof :-( So I've stopped using ebay pretty much now, for selling.
Tusses
Old Oak

Name:

Postby 9fingers » 01 Jul 2017, 10:30

Tusses wrote:if the 1st one turns up Bob, and it needs signing for, just have it returned unsigned .
Also you can open an item not received case with ebay, as soon as the suggested delivery date has passed.
The sellers money then gets taken back off them, sort of in escrow, until the matter is resolved. After a certin amount of time ebay will just refund you , if the case is not closed.

As a seller myself, I've found that buyers now know this, and the number of buyer theft cases is going through the roof :-( So I've stopped using ebay pretty much now, for selling.

The amount of money is not significant but what really pi88es me off is the vendors use of imaginary PO tracking codes to deceive buyers.

Bob
Information on induction motors here
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1dBTVXx ... sp=sharing
Email:motors@minchin.org.uk
9fingers
Petrified Pine

Location: Romsey Hampshire between Southampton and the New Forest
Name: Bob

Postby Tusses » 01 Jul 2017, 10:47

yep, sometimes it's time important .. we find it most if we forget and run out of printer ink .. lots of sellers saying they are UK, but are not , but you need it quick !
Tusses
Old Oak

Name:

Return to The Woodmangler's Retreat