It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 16:47

Bit of lateral thinking

Hang up your Chisels and Plane blades and take a load off with a recently turned goblet of your favourite poison, in the lounge of our Gentlemen's (and ladies) Club.

Bit of lateral thinking

Postby RogerS » 07 Jul 2017, 15:47

Checking last months credit card statement, I saw an entry for Carlisle Carlisle and £57.95. No idea of the company. Checking the computer showed up no purchases for that amount. Very strange but decided to leave it for the moment.

Checking this months statement, another entry for Carlisle Carlisle £49.07. Looked at the dates...didn't mean anything to me. That day I was clearly in Carlisle as there was an entry for Morrisons.

Perplexed I rang up the card company to ask if there was any more information. Yes, it was a chip'n'PIN transaction. Company listed as timber and building supplies. Well, that certainly fits the bill seeing as what's going on. But I am still nonplussed. The memory clearly not what it was.

Then :idea: Google Timeline History. Checked my journey for the days in question, et voila, I'd completely forgotten about going to get some spare slates !! Sorted :D
If opportunity doesn't knock, build a door.
RogerS
Petrified Pine

Name:

Re: Bit of lateral thinking

Postby Andyp » 07 Jul 2017, 16:36

I just keep my receipts.
I do not think therefore I do not am.

cheers
Andy
Andyp
Petrified Pine

Name: Andy

Postby RogerS » 07 Jul 2017, 16:43

Andyp wrote:I just keep my receipts.

LOL...I'm not that organised.
RogerS
Petrified Pine

Name:

Postby Woodbloke » 07 Jul 2017, 17:02

Andyp wrote:I just keep my receipts.

I don't but SWIMBO does. Her bag is usually jam packed with the bloody things :lol: - Rob
I no longer work for Axminster Tools & Machinery.
Woodbloke
Sequoia

Name:

Postby Mike G » 07 Jul 2017, 20:37

I get around these problems by never checking anything at all, particularly statements. That way I don't have anything to worry about.
Mike G
Sequoia

Name:

Postby RogerS » 07 Jul 2017, 21:13

Mike G wrote:I get around these problems by never checking anything at all, particularly statements. That way I don't have anything to worry about.

You're very lucky then never to have your credit card compromised !
RogerS
Petrified Pine

Name:

Postby Rod » 07 Jul 2017, 21:44

Last month I was puzzled and concerned for awhile by a payment of £120 but then realised the name (Technol Solutions) bore no relation to the work done - repairs to our piano.

Rod
Rod
Old Oak

Name:

Postby TrimTheKing » 08 Jul 2017, 00:55

Rod wrote:Last month I was puzzled and concerned for awhile by a payment of £120 but then realised the name (Technol Solutions) bore no relation to the work done - repairs to our piano.

Rod

The epitome of
#firstworldproblems

Cheers
Mark

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Cheers
Mark
TrimTheKing
Site Admin

Name: Mark

Postby Phil » 08 Jul 2017, 08:59

I have one of those bulldog clip things where all the slips go. Kept on the desk.

The card statement arrives by e-mail, PDF format, and I check the slips to the statement - use the PDF highlighter to mark them off, then file the PDF in the Bank Folder.

The slips get destoyed as I tick them off.

I also watch the account like a hawk via online banking, credit card fraud is not unknown in this part of the world, especially eating places.
99.9% of restaurants have mobile card units which they bring to the table. If not, then you walk with them to their machine. Even the petrol filling stations bring a unit to the car (filling stations were another cloning empire!)

Phil
We don't stop woodworking because we grow old, we grow old because we stop woodworking!

https://www.instagram.com/phil_pretoria/
Phil
Old Oak

Name: Phil

Return to The Woodmangler's Retreat