It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 12:56

Sucker'd by an online retailer

Hang up your Chisels and Plane blades and take a load off with a recently turned goblet of your favourite poison, in the lounge of our Gentlemen's (and ladies) Club.

Sucker'd by an online retailer

Postby Jimmy Mack » 08 Jul 2017, 11:53

Damn and dang :| ...I usually check company reviews... but it was such a diddy order £.

On the 24th June I ordered a '32GB Sandisk micro SD' for the mobile for about £12. Yesterday I (FINALLY) recieved the order, except it wasn't MY order it was two cheap memory card adapters with the company logo on! Of course in my (now) frustration I emailed, face booked messaged and called (multiple times) to no answer.

Then I Google'd the company reviews (after the '...Horse has bolted' of course) to read heaps of similar 1 star reviews on 'Trustpilot' :oops:

It's clearly a scam, you order, they send the wrong (inferior) thing and now there's a whole erroneous item sent and returns issue that's probably a loophole in the PAYPAL dispute system. I suppose I'm suppose to send the cheap adapters back by recorded delivery, but then I could be throwing good money after bad - So like many others I'll probably write it off :evil: I have raised a PP dispute, you never know :lol:

Thankfully, it was a small amount, I'd hate to think how many others are getting caught by these SCAM mongrels...

The least I can do is share with my fellow manglers...

Don't use 'Moby Memory' stay safe in internet land.

Jim
Jimmy Mack
Old Oak

Name:

Re: Sucker'd by an online retailer

Postby Tusses » 08 Jul 2017, 12:25

PP should sort you out though, as they are heavily biased in favor of the buyer

there are a lot of people selling "fake" memory cards too. They are detected as a 32Gb drive for example, but are really just 1 or 2 Gb available. :evil:

I usually use somewhere like

http://www.ebuyer.com/store/Storage/cat ... +ascending

for my memory
Tusses
Old Oak

Name:

Re: Sucker'd by an online retailer

Postby Rod » 08 Jul 2017, 12:40

A bit more expensive for me.
I had a load of cine films I wanted to have professionally digitised and found a company online that had good reviews.
They promised the world re quality etc including enhancement and film cleaning.
After I paid them the quoted fee of £300 things went badly wrong.
Despite repeated emails and phone calls, weeks then months went by with no return.
To my consternation I then found very bad reviews about them on another internet search.
They had my original, irreplaceable films, a portable hard drive I'd supplied and my money!
I then got heavy with them threatening legal action and eventually my stuff was returned.
The digitised copy was very poor, full of dust marks etc but at least I had my films back.
The company is based in Glasgow - no point in telling you their name as they keep changing it.
I did however write them a scathing review and keep getting thanks for posting it.

Rod
Rod
Old Oak

Name:

Return to The Woodmangler's Retreat