It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 13:11

Amazon not so prime

Hang up your Chisels and Plane blades and take a load off with a recently turned goblet of your favourite poison, in the lounge of our Gentlemen's (and ladies) Club.

Amazon not so prime

Postby Robert » 28 Oct 2017, 14:43

Just wondering if I'm having a run of bad luck or if Amazon's deliveries are going down the pan..

6 months ago nearly everything that was prime eligible, shown as 'in stock' and was sold and sent by Amazon themselves (ie not a seller on amazon) came the next day.

In the last month I've placed half a dozen orders and not one has come the next day. One came after 2 days. Another two items came in 3 days and the other 3 are still outstanding after 5 and 7 days. All in stock and sold by amazon with prime.

Spoke to someone in Ireland who just gave me a load of waffle and no answers. Well I say spoke to.. the line was like a bad skype call with a lot of voice turned into warbles so i was guessing what was said a lot of the time. Even had them call me back because it was so bad but result was the same.

before the call i emailed a complaint. Got a reply in Indian english. they ignored my general complaint and focused on one missed delivery. Here's a laughable extract from the reply..

To assist you with this, I've contacted the carrier personally to make sure why the item is not delivered to you yet.
Further they have updated me that they are facing issue with the delivery vehicle and their delivery vehicle is not starting. Due to which they had to push the vehicle and take it to a garage.

I would like to inform you that, I have added delivery instructions to the carrier & added your phone number too in case of address issue and informed them to deliver your parcel on highest priority.
I assure, you will receive the parcel at the earliest.

Ahh. I feel better now. rant over.
Robert
Old Oak

Name: Robert

Re: Amazon not so prime

Postby selectortone » 28 Oct 2017, 19:35

I have a Prime account with Amazon and almost always get a next day delivery. On the one occasion when a delivery went AWOL I complained and they gave me a month's Prime for free.
selectortone
Sapling

Name: Terry

Postby Robert » 28 Oct 2017, 22:25

Maybe they just can't deliver round here.

The parcel that didn't turn up yesterday hasn't appeared today either. still 'out for delivery' - I doubt it.
Robert
Old Oak

Postby RogerS » 29 Oct 2017, 09:44

Remarkably I have to say that every cloud has a silver lining and we appear to be very close to some delivery node as deliveries seem to come a damn sight quicker than when we were down South.

Maybe Amazon are using Yodel :lol:
If opportunity doesn't knock, build a door.
RogerS
Petrified Pine

Name:

Postby Robert » 29 Oct 2017, 13:23

Complained again by email this morning. No reply but they have now cancelled my order and opened a new one for the same item. That means my prime, in stock, sold by Amazon item will be 9 days if it comes when they say. tracking on the replacement says despatch on 2nd november... and it shows as in stock.. who knows.

On the plus side they have given me £10 goodwill credit. think my goodwill costs a lot more than that at the moment.

Item is a computer power supply. fortunately my old one is still working. It refuses to power on again if unplugged. Leave it plugged in and turn off PC it works normally. pull the plug and plug in again it doesn't. Googled the fault and as far as I can work out it is down to the mainboard detecting leakage currents but all a bit vague.

So replacement not desperate but the delay is annoying.
Robert
Old Oak

Postby Tusses » 29 Oct 2017, 16:26

nah .. my computer wont power on if it's unplugged either :lol:

have you tried ebuyer ?
sometimes they have offers inc post.
My last PC PSU from them was £9.99 delivered next day.

I also use them for all my memory and sd cards .
too many fake ones about elsewhere.
Tusses
Old Oak

Name:

Postby Andyp » 29 Oct 2017, 16:41

So Prime is not worth paying for then. It would be interesting to see the actual delivery if the item had been ordered without prime.
I do not think therefore I do not am.

cheers
Andy
Andyp
Petrified Pine

Name: Andy

Postby Robert » 29 Oct 2017, 17:56

Andyp wrote:So Prime is not worth paying for then. It would be interesting to see the actual delivery if the item had been ordered without prime.

It has been OK up to a couple of months ago. Loads of negatives on trust pilot review site for Amazon logistics. Think its not that long they have been doing their own deliveries rather than use carriers.
Robert
Old Oak

Postby Robert » 29 Oct 2017, 18:01

Tusses wrote:have you tried ebuyer ?
sometimes they have offers inc post.
My last PC PSU from them was £9.99 delivered next day..

Used to use ebuyer but the returns process can be trying. Amazon usually have super customer service and returns are very easy.

This power supply will be going towards a new PC build before too long so it is a high end unit not a budget one. if it ever gets here of course.

Ebuyer price was similar but + delivery which made it the same cost. Easy returns wins.
Robert
Old Oak

Postby RogerS » 29 Oct 2017, 19:13

Robert wrote:
Andyp wrote:So Prime is not worth paying for then. It would be interesting to see the actual delivery if the item had been ordered without prime.

It has been OK up to a couple of months ago. Loads of negatives on trust pilot review site for Amazon logistics. Think its not that long they have been doing their own deliveries rather than use carriers.

No, they've been doing their own logistics for a while and a lot of the time it is truly dire. You are lucky that you've had the delivery timescales you've been getting.
If opportunity doesn't knock, build a door.
RogerS
Petrified Pine

Name:

Postby TrimTheKing » 30 Oct 2017, 22:21

Must be a change of local driver or disti or something as we wouldn't be without Prime and must have 3+ deliveries per week and all arrive on or before their stated time/date.

Cheers
Mark
Cheers
Mark
TrimTheKing
Site Admin

Name: Mark

Postby 9fingers » 30 Oct 2017, 22:57

Agree that it depends on the driver on the last hop. Lots of people seem to slag off yodel but our yodel lady is brilliant and even delivers into the evening when really busy.
As for Amazon, our vacuum cleaner let out all the magic smoke. I found a replacement on Amazon. Ordered Sunday afternoon standard free delivery no prime etc and dpd are delivering tomorrow.
Can't grumble at that for service!
Bob
Information on induction motors here
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1dBTVXx ... sp=sharing
Email:motors@minchin.org.uk
9fingers
Petrified Pine

Location: Romsey Hampshire between Southampton and the New Forest
Name: Bob

Postby Robert » 30 Oct 2017, 23:43

They gave me a free 30 day extension to prime as well as the £10.

They suggest if my 'stuck in despatch' order that they can't give me a delivery date for (The Amazon listing still shows in stock and prime delivery) does not turn up soon, I should cancel and re-order. Why they don't just do it I have no idea. That will be 9 days and no delivery.

Power supply now promised for saturday. Again in stock and prime. Original order 25th might get it on the 4th so 11 days.

I can accept things get lost in transit. harder to accept being lied to with the nonsense about a vehicle not starting (see quote in my first post).
Robert
Old Oak

Postby Robert » 31 Oct 2017, 16:11

The comedy of errors continues.

The power supply is now listed as available for delivery tomorrow. When I ask why I have to wait until Saturday they don't know. After a long hold on the phone I'm told the web page is wrong. Stock is in France somewhere but will not get to me until Saturday as promised.

My other item still with no delivery promise they had no clue. After a hour they called me back and said their system has wrong locations in it. Item is in warehouse 1, system tries to get it from warehouse 2. They can't fix it so my order is cancelled. meanwhile a 'warehouse deals' versions with damaged packaging have been added to the listing. They think they know where they are so I've re ordered for a couple of pounds less.
Robert
Old Oak

Postby Andyp » 02 Nov 2017, 15:38

I hope you are using Prime for more than just speedy delivery.
8.30pm Tuesday placed two orders with different two suppliers. Royal mail delivery arrived this morning (Thursday), both of them.
I wish I could rely on that sort of low cost delivery service in France.

cheers
Andy
Andyp
Petrified Pine

Postby Robert » 03 Nov 2017, 11:22

We do use the video a little but there is not much we actually like watching. Don't like the top gear clone.

After 12 days my £10 item actually arrived. Yesterday morning for an hour or so the tracking changed from 'out for delivery' to 'due to problems delivery will now be 4th - 6th November' which made me laugh. Went to show Mrs and it had changed back to out for delivery.

Power supply still arriving Saturday - from Germany.

I ordered a replacement 120mm fan too. Not mentioned that before. Here is the tracking status today the 3rd of November.

I erased my address from the picture but that's what it shows.

Everyone else I know seems to get their deliveries on time. They just like messing me about.
Robert
Old Oak

Postby Robert » 04 Nov 2017, 12:36

The power supply arrived a day early (yesterday) and having opened the box I complained to Amazon.

It came from Germany - with a European mains lead. Not a big problem but after the wait...

Got a reply from Amazon today - 20% refund. can't complain at that when I'll just use an old lead instead.
Robert
Old Oak

Postby 9fingers » 04 Nov 2017, 12:57

I've had so many perfect transactions through Amazon ( non prime) and so has my son with his student free prime account I can only think this order is jinxed in some way.
Glad it is sorted now and hope the frustration will soon subside.
Better luck next time
Bob
Information on induction motors here
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1dBTVXx ... sp=sharing
Email:motors@minchin.org.uk
9fingers
Petrified Pine

Location: Romsey Hampshire between Southampton and the New Forest
Name: Bob

Postby Andyp » 04 Nov 2017, 14:19

So after all this what is the power supply for?

Andy, who is being just plain nosey

cheers
Andy
Andyp
Petrified Pine

Postby Robert » 04 Nov 2017, 18:33

It does say in my 3rd post :)

My PC has a silly problem that can affect power on. The CPU is an Intel i7 2600k. In the past I've upgraded every few years because processor speeds have increased so much. This one is 5+ years old and it has taken this long for speeds to double. They seem to have put effort into power usage more than speed.

So power supply is a quality unit (Seasonic 750W platinum) that will go towards a i7 8700k build. The chip is relatively new and overpriced here compared to USA. So plan is to fix current PC, wait a couple of months for prices to get sensible then use the power supply in the new build.

My complaints have yielded £36 and a months extra prime in compensation. I'd have taken everything correct and on time instead though.
Robert
Old Oak

Postby Andyp » 04 Nov 2017, 19:45

:oops: sorry.

I hope is solves the problem.

cheers
Andy
Andyp
Petrified Pine