It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 15:32

One for the french speakers

Hang up your Chisels and Plane blades and take a load off with a recently turned goblet of your favourite poison, in the lounge of our Gentlemen's (and ladies) Club.

One for the french speakers

Postby Andyp » 22 Feb 2018, 08:48

How does this Non livré car non présenté become this The parcel could not be delivered due to exceeded time frame..

It is the reason for non delivery of a package given by the courier on both their French website and there own version of the same website in English. And in either language what on earth does it mean? I have emailed in both languages for an explanation as I will not pay €0.80 per minute to use their helpline.

The package by the way left the UK ( M&S) on the 6th Feb and I have already received a full refund from them as they advised the parcel was "lost". If/When I do receive the delivery I will fill M&S in on the whole sorry saga of the incompetence of the French carrier, GLS who have actually been trying to deliver the package for a week now.
I do not think therefore I do not am.

cheers
Andy
Andyp
Petrified Pine

Name: Andy

Re: One for the french speakers

Postby RogerS » 22 Feb 2018, 09:46

I suspect that it really means 'We couldn't deliver it because we gave our driver too many parcels on the day and as he couldn't get round to deliver them all in time before his day ended, you lost out."

Same thing happens here. However, I've been cultivating good relations with all our regular delivery drivers, first name terms and all that.

I do 'train' them first, however, by arranging a 'Before 12 (or 10am) delivery'. When they arrive all huffing and puffing the first time, I am effusively grateful but then go on to tell them that I hadn't requested the 'Before 12..delivery' and that if they get any more in the future to give me a quick call on my mobile and if it's really urgent I'll tell them and if not (as is usually the case) that they can deliver it at any time on the day. The mega-bucks of goodwill that that generates is huge as they ring up, we agree they can sign for it, then they deliver later in the afternoon....having saved them a two-hour round trip just to do the early drop off.
If opportunity doesn't knock, build a door.
RogerS
Petrified Pine

Name:

Postby Andyp » 22 Feb 2018, 10:41

I am sure you are right Roger. But Non livré car non présenté hardly covers the driver ran out of time scenario.
No advise of a new delivery date yet so I wait.

cheers
Andy
Andyp
Petrified Pine

Postby TrimTheKing » 22 Feb 2018, 11:01

Could it not mean too many delivery attempts? I've seen something like that where they claim to have tried to deliver it 3 times, though my CCTV proves them to be either incompetent or simply liars...

Cheers
Mark
Cheers
Mark
TrimTheKing
Site Admin

Name: Mark

Postby Andyp » 22 Feb 2018, 11:18

No Mark. I authorised delivery sans signature (without signature)and they are not claiming it has been delivered. Website now updated and it is on the van for delivery today.

By the way the time of that message yesterday was 15.45 - a typical Gallic knock off time perhaps.

cheers
Andy
Andyp
Petrified Pine

Postby RogerS » 22 Feb 2018, 11:29

Andyp wrote:I am sure you are right Roger. But Non livré car non présenté hardly covers the driver ran out of time scenario.
No advise of a new delivery date yet so I wait.

My translation...non-literal...is that they could not deliver as they were unable to present (deliver) the package (.....because they ran out of time)

Googling that phrase shows you are not alone. I love this phrase which doesn't need 'O' level French to translate !

une joyeuse bande d'incompétents
RogerS
Petrified Pine

Name:

Postby RogerS » 22 Feb 2018, 11:30

Andyp wrote:....
By the way the time of that message yesterday was 15.45 - a typical Gallic knock off time perhaps.

Our Parcelforce guy knocks off at 4pm as his day finishes at 5pm (at the depot)...long drive back !
RogerS
Petrified Pine

Name:

Postby Woodster » 22 Feb 2018, 14:11

Google translates it as:

“Not delivered because not presented”

Does that help? Probably not! :lol:
Woodster
Old Oak

Name:

Postby Andyp » 22 Feb 2018, 14:16

I didn't need google to do the translation :) . The fact is the phase, in French, bears little or no resemblance to what actually happened. And don't forget the parcel left M&S in the UK on the 6th Feb!

cheers
Andy
Andyp
Petrified Pine

Postby RogerS » 22 Feb 2018, 14:49

Andyp wrote:.... And don't forget the parcel left M&S in the UK on the 6th Feb!

You've missed Valentine's Day then :lol:
RogerS
Petrified Pine

Name:

Return to The Woodmangler's Retreat