It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 15:25

Elf and Safety

Hang up your Chisels and Plane blades and take a load off with a recently turned goblet of your favourite poison, in the lounge of our Gentlemen's (and ladies) Club.

Elf and Safety

Postby Rod » 21 Mar 2018, 11:38

Rod
Rod
Old Oak

Name:

Re: Elf and Safety

Postby Malc2098 » 21 Mar 2018, 14:05

Ugh!! My vertigo has just kicked in!!
Malcolm
Malc2098
Sequoia

Name: Malcolm

Postby Pinch » 21 Mar 2018, 19:50

Brilliant!

:text-coolphotos:

Favourite one for me is the geezer standing on the back of the car holding the freezer - priceless. :lol:
In my previous life, I was a tree.
Pinch
Old Oak

Name: Paul

Postby Doug » 21 Mar 2018, 20:24

I’m sure we’ve all been there :?

19C93ECB-DCED-4F74-B3B2-F5B357413C3D.jpeg
(133.25 KiB)

There’s always some bugger with a camera :lol: :lol:
Doug
Old Oak

Name:

Postby techauthorbob » 21 Mar 2018, 20:58

Many years ago I worked at the headquarters of a major English company, this was a rather nice old house and large grounds on the outskirts of a West Yorkshire town.

This place had tennis courts, fruit trees, sitting areas, statues etc, very good for sitting out in summer.

One of the statues was broken and subsequently removed, but left an ugly looking plinth.

A new statue was duly commissioned, but in the meantime the head gardener decided to improve the looks of the plinth so he searched all the old storage areas for something suitable. The only thing he could find was a rare fibreglass elf leftover from an old social event.

This was duly transported to the plinth and placed in position. Unfortunately the elf base was larger than the plinth and needed to be propped up so he decided to use one of the Managing Directors golf tees.

This was suitable for a while, until one slightly windy lunchtime the golf tee gave way and the elf fell over onto one of the secretaries, injuring her slightly.

The subsequent enquirer found that the head gardener was at fault so he was prosecuted under the 'elf and safe tee at work act!

Bob
techauthorbob
New Shoots

Name: Bob Hardy

Postby HappyHacker » 21 Mar 2018, 21:14

I have been there. As a green 18 year old I climbed a ladder to a 4" RSJ, 20 ft above the floor, sat on it and worked my way out to a point over a large hole in the floor which left me over a 80ft drop. I then tied on a wire sling, caught a rope thrown from the floor, pulled up a block and chain and put it on the sling. Then worked my way backwards to the ladder and climbed down. No hard hat no fall arrest stuff and only one person to pick up the pieces if I fell, he did foot the ladder for me as it was not tied on.

No H&S in those days.
HappyHacker
Sapling

Name: Kevin

Postby Coley » 22 Mar 2018, 11:29

My new goldfish looks like it's wearing a hardhat

Bob's the best name I can come up with so far, as in Bob the builder. Any better suggestions?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
Coley
Sapling

Name:

Postby Coley » 22 Mar 2018, 11:30

techauthorbob wrote:Many years ago I worked at the headquarters of a major English company, this was a rather nice old house and large grounds on the outskirts of a West Yorkshire town.

This place had tennis courts, fruit trees, sitting areas, statues etc, very good for sitting out in summer.

One of the statues was broken and subsequently removed, but left an ugly looking plinth.

A new statue was duly commissioned, but in the meantime the head gardener decided to improve the looks of the plinth so he searched all the old storage areas for something suitable. The only thing he could find was a rare fibreglass elf leftover from an old social event.

This was duly transported to the plinth and placed in position. Unfortunately the elf base was larger than the plinth and needed to be propped up so he decided to use one of the Managing Directors golf tees.

This was suitable for a while, until one slightly windy lunchtime the golf tee gave way and the elf fell over onto one of the secretaries, injuring her slightly.

The subsequent enquirer found that the head gardener was at fault so he was prosecuted under the 'elf and safe tee at work act!

Bob
Wow, just wow !

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
Coley
Sapling

Name:

Return to The Woodmangler's Retreat