It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 12:10

OK...I know when I'm beaten

Hang up your Chisels and Plane blades and take a load off with a recently turned goblet of your favourite poison, in the lounge of our Gentlemen's (and ladies) Club.

OK...I know when I'm beaten

Postby RogerS » 16 Jun 2018, 08:39

Let's be fair..we did have a few gorgeous days of sun and warmth. Glorious. But Summer is now officially over. Forecast for the next seven days shows temperatures in the very low teens. And I mean very low. 10/10 cloud so no solar gain.

And the central heating agrees with me as it kicked in yesterday and is going strong today.

So chinos and cotton shirts back in the wardrobe. Roll-neck cashmere sweater, cords and gloves to the fore.

Just hope Sammie Q remembers to pack his thermals.
If opportunity doesn't knock, build a door.
RogerS
Petrified Pine

Name:

Re: OK...I know when I'm beaten

Postby Malc2098 » 16 Jun 2018, 09:30

Roll neck cashmere sweater..........you trendsetter, you!
Malcolm
Malc2098
Sequoia

Name: Malcolm

Postby Phil » 16 Jun 2018, 09:56

Malc2098 wrote:Roll neck cashmere sweater..........you trendsetter, you!

No, he is a closet wimp! :lol:

Just to cheer you up Roger, we are in the middle of winter, about another 15 days and the sun starts heading South. :lol:

It was 5c this morning heading towards 19c high. 8-)
We don't stop woodworking because we grow old, we grow old because we stop woodworking!

https://www.instagram.com/phil_pretoria/
Phil
Old Oak

Name: Phil

Postby SamQ aka Ah! Q! » 16 Jun 2018, 11:25

Lifas! Get 'em next to the skin and then layer up RogerS!! Played this game for nearly forty years in The Mournes, Cairn Gorms, Torridon, The Zanskars, The Andes, you name it, works every time. Besides, if you're working, you don't need too much! :D The one and only time this failed, was at 2500 metres with a faulty tent zip, as in no zip...nappy pins got me SOME shelter, but I slept in five layers and a quilted four season bag. Water bottle froze solid just outside the bag. Glorious dawn though. Memories.
A pragmatist inside a perpetual optimist, heavily influenced by an experienced cynic, wrapped around by an aging relic.
SamQ aka Ah! Q!
Old Oak

Name: Sam

Return to The Woodmangler's Retreat