It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 13:57

Cust Service, Interweb Orders France

Hang up your Chisels and Plane blades and take a load off with a recently turned goblet of your favourite poison, in the lounge of our Gentlemen's (and ladies) Club.

Cust Service, Interweb Orders France

Postby Andyp » 29 Jun 2018, 08:18

I may have mentioned before the difficulties of ordering on line in France. The business community here and the public have not embraced on line ordering quite as vigorously as in other parts of Europe. Partly due to the public reluctance to ditch the cheque book (yes really), partly due to increased transport costs (motorway tolls, larger rural population) and partly because customer service here still seems to be a dirty wood, or words.

By accident I sent an email to Velux UK instead of Velux FR. I am looking for a roller blind listed in the UK, Netherlands, Italy and Germany but not on the FR website.

Contrast the differing replies I received from both. I know this is an automated response and I do not think I need translate the French in order to demonstrate which company fills me with most confidence.

VELUX  nous avons bien reçu votre courriel  KMM3969654V94868L0KM.jpg
(39.94 KiB)

Store code RFL 104 1086S 70168.jpg
(112.25 KiB)
I do not think therefore I do not am.

cheers
Andy
Andyp
Petrified Pine

Name: Andy

Re: Cust Service, Interweb Orders France

Postby 9fingers » 29 Jun 2018, 14:15

Andy, If you end up buying a Velux product, my experience recently buying a window and associated fittings was that there are huge price differences between velux resellers.
Well worth shopping around.

I used Roofing Outlet. https://www.roofingoutlet.co.uk/
They may or may not stock what you need.
This might take you to what you need https://www.roofingoutlet.co.uk/collect ... d-shutters

Bob
Information on induction motors here
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1dBTVXx ... sp=sharing
Email:motors@minchin.org.uk
9fingers
Petrified Pine

Location: Romsey Hampshire between Southampton and the New Forest
Name: Bob

Postby Andyp » 29 Jun 2018, 14:55

Thanks Bob, indeed price variations for Velux are akin to the RRP quoted by Festool!

The window we want a blind for is original to the house, circa 1995, and is not a current size. Roofingoutlet interestingly do not show that size of blind but many other UK sellers do.

I have a had a very polite reply from Velux UK, sent within an hour of the office opening, suggesting I need to contact Velux.fr. I await a response from Velux.fr.

I

cheers
Andy
Andyp
Petrified Pine

Postby 9fingers » 29 Jun 2018, 15:17

Andyp wrote:Thanks Bob, indeed price variations for Velux are akin to the RRP quoted by Festool!

The window we want a blind for is original to the house, circa 1995, and is not a current size. Roofingoutlet interestingly do not show that size of blind but many other UK sellers do.

I have a had a very polite reply from Velux UK, sent within an hour of the office opening, suggesting I need to contact Velux.fr. I await a response from Velux.fr.

I

If it turns out you can buy what you need in UK then you can always get it sent here if you like.

Bob
9fingers
Petrified Pine

Postby Andyp » 29 Jun 2018, 16:04

Cheers Bob, but It would be nice to order it here and delivered quickly. Besides at this rate you will be needing a bigger car.

cheers
Andy
Andyp
Petrified Pine

Postby 9fingers » 29 Jun 2018, 16:42

Andyp wrote:Cheers Bob, but It would be nice to order it here and delivered quickly. Besides at this rate you will be needing a bigger car.

Well I expect the parcel would not be that large compared to the saw so if Velux.fr don't/can't/won't play ball, the offer will remain open.

Bob
9fingers
Petrified Pine

Postby timothyedoran » 01 Jul 2018, 20:02

Condells are also very competitive on velux. Even more so than roofing superstore. I just bought all my loft windows through them.

Customer service from velux was also spot on.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk
timothyedoran
Sapling

Name: Tim Doran

Return to The Woodmangler's Retreat