It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 12:27

The stolen car that never was ...

Hang up your Chisels and Plane blades and take a load off with a recently turned goblet of your favourite poison, in the lounge of our Gentlemen's (and ladies) Club.

The stolen car that never was ...

Postby RogerS » 22 Sep 2018, 11:59

Driving down the M6 last week I stopped off at the Services to buy some food from M&S. Parked up, entered the complex, saw M&S was over the footbridge, toddled over and did my shopping for the journey. Came out and looked for my car. Gone.

I must have walked up and down for ten minutes trying to find it and all the while having this sick feeling in my stomach as I remembered leaving the spare key in the well by the gear lever. The whole weeks plans up in smoke, the wrath of SWMBO. The hassle.

Saw a couple of Unipart guys outside their van. "You're not going to believe this", I said. "I think my car's been nicked". "What colour is it ?" they asked. I replied "Grey' and they pointed to a sea of grey cars. "It's an Audi...registration FN...", I said. Together we had another look. Nothing.

Oh s**t I thought, better go in to find a phone to report it missing to the police. As I walked to the door, I thought "Funny...I'm sure that when I came in the door was an automatic one. This one is manual" :idea: "Maybe there is another door round the corner....." I went and looked...nada.

And then....

:eusa-doh: :oops:

Relating this tale to the owner of the curry house I made my regular for the week, he told me about his brother going to Brighton with the family and parking his car on the sea-front. Later that night, they went to get in to drive back to London but couldn't find it. They ended up running flat out to catch the last train back to town. The next day, he got the train back to see his brother in Littlehampton. Together they went to Brighton and there was the car, parked where he'd eft it on the road above the road he'd been looking for it.

We walk among you :lol:
If opportunity doesn't knock, build a door.
RogerS
Petrified Pine

Name:

Re: The stolen car that never was ...

Postby StevieB » 22 Sep 2018, 12:58

RogerS wrote: We walk among you :lol:

Presumably only when you cannot find your car though... ;)
StevieB
Nordic Pine

Name:

Postby Andyp » 22 Sep 2018, 13:19

Such a shame you had not reported it to the authorities as stolen. I can imagine their response.
“We have located your car sir. it would appear someone was not able to walk over the bridge so stole your car drove 20 miles to the next junction came back down the motoway and left it on the other side”

When you have a lot on your mind it is surprising how you can forget the most mundane things.

I found my car right by the door of my garage the other day. I never leave it there as it would be impossible to open the boot. Although it is impossible to see with the naked eye the garage floor has a very slight slope. Earlier in the day I had managed to get out of the car and empty the boot of shopping without noticing the hand brake was off :oops:
I do not think therefore I do not am.

cheers
Andy
Andyp
Petrified Pine

Name: Andy

Postby Rod » 23 Sep 2018, 00:15

Oh dear Senior Moments

As long as it’s my car, my phone tells me where I’ve parked it and if needed, pins its location on a map.

Rod
Rod
Old Oak

Name:

Postby Malc2098 » 23 Sep 2018, 11:21

Senior moments?! How come I can remember all the words to Hotel California but can’t remember what I was going to surf for when I fired up the computer?!!!
Malcolm
Malc2098
Sequoia

Name: Malcolm

Postby Andyp » 23 Sep 2018, 11:51

Short term memory Malc. It is the first to go.
I do not think therefore I do not am.

cheers
Andy
Andyp
Petrified Pine

Name: Andy

Postby Malc2098 » 23 Sep 2018, 13:02

There’s no hope for me, then!
Malcolm
Malc2098
Sequoia

Postby Malc2098 » 23 Sep 2018, 13:04

You can checkout any time you want but you can never leave.
Malcolm
Malc2098
Sequoia

Postby DaveL » 23 Sep 2018, 13:07

Malc2098 wrote:Senior moments?! How come I can remember all the words to Hotel California but can’t remember what I was going to surf for when I fired up the computer?!!!
That's why I use a tablet most of the time now, instant access, but I still have to walk over to it!
Regards,
Dave
My tool kit is almost complete, only a few more to get.
DaveL
Old Oak

Name: Dave

Postby RogerS » 23 Sep 2018, 14:04

Three elderly sisters lied together...Muriel, Ethel and Mary.

One day Mary was in the bathroom and called down to Ethel...

"Ethel? Ethel? Was I getting into the bath or getting out of it?"

Ethel replied "I'll come up and have a look"

Halfway up the stairs, she called down to Muriel.

"Muriel ? Muriel ? Was I going up the stairs or coming down?"

Muriel raised her eyebrows, rapped the wooden table with her knuckles and replied ...

"I don't know. You two. Hang on a minute, I'll come up when I've seen who's at the door"

:lol:
If opportunity doesn't knock, build a door.
RogerS
Petrified Pine

Name:

Return to The Woodmangler's Retreat