It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 18:12

Whadda mistaka da maka

Hang up your Chisels and Plane blades and take a load off with a recently turned goblet of your favourite poison, in the lounge of our Gentlemen's (and ladies) Club.

Whadda mistaka da maka

Postby Andyp » 14 Feb 2019, 15:20

Spot the difference, no not just the colour

I have now have 10 of the entirely useless, outside Germany, white ones. RS wont have them back without surcharge as customer faux-pas. Little more than a quid each but a reminder not to do thinks when under the weather.

FTAGH if anyone wants them BTW.
I do not think therefore I do not am.

cheers
Andy
Andyp
Petrified Pine

Name: Andy

Re: Whadda mistaka da maka

Postby TrimTheKing » 14 Feb 2019, 16:11

Fatter pins?
Cheers
Mark
TrimTheKing
Site Admin

Name: Mark

Postby DaveL » 14 Feb 2019, 16:24

I think there is a hole missing?
Regards,
Dave
My tool kit is almost complete, only a few more to get.
DaveL
Old Oak

Name: Dave

Postby Andyp » 14 Feb 2019, 18:08

Yep Dave.

For the nerds the top one is a type E/F or CEE 7/7 and can be used in France and Germany. The bottom one is a Type F or CEE 7/4 and cannot be used in France.

Standards? What standards?

cheers
Andy
Andyp
Petrified Pine

Postby RogerS » 16 Feb 2019, 08:36

I never realised there was a difference between the plugs in the countries over the Channel....Is this a recent change as I regularly used to go to France/Italy/Germany and never recalled having a problem ?
If opportunity doesn't knock, build a door.
RogerS
Petrified Pine

Name:

Postby HappyHacker » 16 Feb 2019, 10:34

The Swiss are different again. The standard adaptors do most European countries except Switzerland. As I found out when I could not plug my computer in at the office and had to go and beg a cable from the IT person who made me agree to pay for its replacement, at an extortionate rate, if it was not returned before 5:00PM when he left for home. I made it with seconds to spare and had to rely on battery for the rest of the day.

Then compounded by the taxi driver who insisted the hotel he delivered me to was the one I had asked for, it had a completely different name, and I refused to get out of the car, so he asked the porter who told him where the correct one was, 20 minutes drive in the opposite direction from the office.
HappyHacker
Sapling

Name: Kevin

Postby RogerS » 16 Feb 2019, 11:21

HappyHacker wrote:.....
Then compounded by the taxi driver who insisted the hotel he delivered me to was the one I had asked for, it had a completely different name, and I refused to get out of the car, so he asked the porter who told him where the correct one was, 20 minutes drive in the opposite direction from the office.

LOL....reminds me of a taxi-driver in Saigon - a con artist par excellence but never learnt that he was dealing with someone who was an inveterate taxi user familiar with scams and wheezes across the world and could smell BS a mile-off. After we'd been driving for a few minutes, I saw that he was trying Scam No .1...meter switched off. Reminded him to switch it on.

Get to our destination and proffered a moderately sized note that required a minor amount of change. "Sorry, I have no change". Yeah, right. :twisted: I could see countless small denomination notes on his dashboard. Scam No. 2 So we went through our pockets and came up with the exact money. Ha!
If opportunity doesn't knock, build a door.
RogerS
Petrified Pine

Name:

Postby Andyp » 16 Feb 2019, 13:08

One of these type C or CEE 7/16 is pretty universal, to a point.

It is when the earth pin comes it to play it gets more complicated

cheers
Andy
Andyp
Petrified Pine

Postby Rod » 16 Feb 2019, 13:13

I don’t know if it was a scam as the taxi driver seemed a bit clueless and spoke very little English.
We landed in Chicago for a short stopover and gave the driver the name of the hotel. He set off and having driven for miles and miles, asked a forecourt attendant where our hotel was. It turned out to be at the edge of the airport, what should have been a few minutes drive away.
I refused to pay the full exorbitant fare so he threw out our suitcases and stormed away.

Rod
Rod
Old Oak

Name:

Return to The Woodmangler's Retreat