It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 15:37

Royal Snail parcel tracking

Hang up your Chisels and Plane blades and take a load off with a recently turned goblet of your favourite poison, in the lounge of our Gentlemen's (and ladies) Club.

Royal Snail parcel tracking

Postby 9fingers » 16 Aug 2019, 15:31

There seem to be a range of services purporting to be tracking deliveries but not always providing the recipient with anything useful.

Firstly there is the one used by my online precription service Pharmacy 2U.

Their tracking numbers are not even accepted by the Royal Snail website absolutely NFU to the recipient

Another I find mainly on Ebay that look like this 37032543200003B521918.

Here the tracking info says there will be no update until we deliver it - how helpful again NFU to the recipient

Then there are proper tracking code two alpha, nine numbers and GB on the end that actuall work and give tracking en route and predicted arrival date which is normally spot on.

I've also notice that many signed for parcels dont need an actual signature but I hear Postie outside with a bleeping terminal presumably GPS tracked scanning the barcode out side my door to prove the parcel was at least very very near to my house at a specific time.
Then of course the odd parcel actuall needs a pawprint. These are precision timed for when I'm still in bed or mid sh1t, shower and shave in the morning.

Oh yes, I have also lodged a formal "my safe place" with Royal Snail but they never use it.
Happy days!
Bob
Information on induction motors here
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1dBTVXx ... sp=sharing
Email:motors@minchin.org.uk
9fingers
Petrified Pine

Location: Romsey Hampshire between Southampton and the New Forest
Name: Bob

Re: Royal Snail parcel tracking

Postby SamQ aka Ah! Q! » 17 Aug 2019, 14:27

"There seem to be a range of services purporting to be tracking deliveries but not always providing the recipient with anything useful."

The whole steamin' lot of them play this trick, then send you a minimum of eight (seems like it!) self-congratulatory emails, saying a) you got it, b) a photo to prove you got it, c) a feedback survey 'to improve their service', d) why haven't you replied to their survey in the 15.7 nanoseconds since they sent their survey, e) a query to recommend them to your friends with 20 meaningless, unusable 'points' if you are stupid enough to offend your muckers by doing so, f) 'is there any other service (other than prostitution??) that they could interest you in.....

Sam
A pragmatist inside a perpetual optimist, heavily influenced by an experienced cynic, wrapped around by an aging relic.
SamQ aka Ah! Q!
Old Oak

Name: Sam

Re: Royal Snail parcel tracking

Postby Woodbloke » 17 Aug 2019, 16:07

I know we nowadays hurl scorn and abuse at our so called 'Snail Mail' but really we shouldn't...spend a few minutes perusing this interesting snippet from the Beeb to see how things were 150 years ago. Food for thought...this is the bit that I found gobsmacking..."Half a century on from Hill's Penny Post, deliveries in London were as frequent as hourly, and replies were expected by "return of post." No Snail Mail there! - Rob
I no longer work for Axminster Tools & Machinery.
Woodbloke
Sequoia

Name:

Return to The Woodmangler's Retreat