It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 12:36

Would that the M6 remain like this !

Hang up your Chisels and Plane blades and take a load off with a recently turned goblet of your favourite poison, in the lounge of our Gentlemen's (and ladies) Club.

Would that the M6 remain like this !

Postby RogerS » 20 May 2020, 09:07

9am Tuesday morning - up near Junction 23 Manchester/Warrington area

If opportunity doesn't knock, build a door.
RogerS
Petrified Pine

Name:

Re: Would that the M6 remain like this !

Postby Malc2098 » 20 May 2020, 09:26

You're lucky. They've been legging it down the M5 to get to Dartmoor and the coast this weekend! The Dartmoor Rangers posted that several car parks were overflowing at the weekend and the seafront at Exmouth was gridlocked.

My first granddaughter was born at the beginning of April. I probably won't be able to get to hold her for a month or two yet. What exactly do these people want to see while not being able to socially distance?!!!
Malcolm
Malc2098
Sequoia

Name: Malcolm

Postby RogerS » 20 May 2020, 09:42

Malc2098 wrote:You're lucky. They've been legging it down the M5 to get to Dartmoor and the coast this weekend! The Dartmoor Rangers posted that several car parks were overflowing at the weekend and the seafront at Exmouth was gridlocked.

My first granddaughter was born at the beginning of April. I probably won't be able to get to hold her for a month or two yet. What exactly do these people want to see while not being able to socially distance?!!!

It must be a weekend thing as when we got to the M5 later on...between Bham and J7 it was even emptier!

The service station I called in was pretty much empty (not surprising given the paucity of traffic). They've implemented a (badly signposted) oneway system. Hand gel just inside the entrance door - tick. Lots of social-distancing sort of stuff inside. All good then ? No, not quite. To get our you have to use the disable doors. To use them you have to press the disable button....like everyone else..and no hand-gel outside to disinfect your hands. Why they can't leave the doors permanently open, I know not.
RogerS
Petrified Pine

Name:

Postby Pinch » 20 May 2020, 10:03

Mrs P drove up to Warrington yesterday around lunchtime and she reckoned the M6 was almost back to normal. :(
In my previous life, I was a tree.
Pinch
Old Oak

Name: Paul

Postby SamQ aka Ah! Q! » 20 May 2020, 11:33

Don't know if is traffic-related, but there was a fully grown red deer wandering around in Alnwick town centre a few days ago...daylight, opening hours, seemingly unconcerned by Joe Public...must be seeking hunting asylym from RogerS... :D

Sam
Last edited by SamQ aka Ah! Q! on 20 May 2020, 19:07, edited 1 time in total.
A pragmatist inside a perpetual optimist, heavily influenced by an experienced cynic, wrapped around by an aging relic.
SamQ aka Ah! Q!
Old Oak

Name: Sam

Postby RogerS » 20 May 2020, 11:39

SamQ aka Ah! Q! wrote:Don't know if is traffic-related, but there was a fully grown red deer wandering around in Alnwick town centre a few days ago...daylight, opening hours, seemingly unconcerned by Joe Public...must be seeking hunting asylym from RogerS... :D

Sam

Nah...red deer get free passage !
RogerS
Petrified Pine

Name:

Return to The Woodmangler's Retreat