It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 11:28

Thought I'd share this...

Hang up your Chisels and Plane blades and take a load off with a recently turned goblet of your favourite poison, in the lounge of our Gentlemen's (and ladies) Club.

Thought I'd share this...

Postby Pinch » 21 May 2020, 16:14

Hey Chaps,

Almost a year ago, I drove a 5 day coach tour out of Dorset. I picked up a load of Swedish gardening people at Heathrow Airport with a final drop off at Manchester Airport. We stayed at Stratford-upon-Avon for two nights and then two nights in Chester. The main event was David Austin Roses in Shropshire, which was scheduled for the penultimate day.

Here's the coach I drove on this tour, which was incidentally parked up at David Austin Roses when I took the two photos below.

1.JPG
(392.89 KiB)

2.JPG
(550.85 KiB)

The lane to David Austin Roses is tight for two cars to pass, so a full size coach with oncoming traffic is very interesting. When we left DAR, I drove down the lane to find oncoming traffic but luckily, there was a layby on my right side so I pulled in for the traffic to pass - and even that was tight! While I was parked there, I noticed poppies in the field on my right, so I took a photo. It was 14th June 2019.

3.JPG
(266.58 KiB)

Little did I know at that time, but Mrs P and I would be moving into a cottage just a few hundred yards from that very spot where I took the photo almost a year ago. In fact, we take the houndies for their daily walk in that same field.

I had to pop out today and so I stopped in the lane next to the same layby and took a photo pretty much from the same spot.

4.JPG
(376.22 KiB)

Life is a funny old thing ain't it.

:text-bravo:
In my previous life, I was a tree.
Pinch
Old Oak

Name: Paul

Re: Thought I'd share this...

Postby Malc2098 » 21 May 2020, 16:32

Serendipity.
Malcolm