It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 06:33

Calling Youtube experts

Hang up your Chisels and Plane blades and take a load off with a recently turned goblet of your favourite poison, in the lounge of our Gentlemen's (and ladies) Club.

Calling Youtube experts

Postby 9fingers » 08 Oct 2020, 11:03

I use two different browsers to watch youtube.
The first is my main browser SeaMonkey (a mozilla variant) and the other is Chrome which seems to be favoured by Windaz notifications.

In both I am fully loged in to my youtube account and can see suggestions of what to watch, upload video etc etc.
However in Chrome I cant see (or contribute) any comments whereas I can in SeaMonkey.

I can work round this but curious as to why. I've not knowingly set any filters in Chrome.

Any clues guys?

TIA
Bob
Information on induction motors here
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1dBTVXx ... sp=sharing
Email:motors@minchin.org.uk
9fingers
Petrified Pine

Location: Romsey Hampshire between Southampton and the New Forest
Name: Bob

Re: Calling Youtube experts

Postby Woodbloke » 08 Oct 2020, 12:32

9fingers wrote:However in Chrome I cant see (or contribute) any comments whereas I can in SeaMonkey.

I can work round this but curious as to why. I've not knowingly set any filters in Chrome.

Any clues guys?

TIA
Bob

Dunno Bob. I've set nothing up nothing 'special' with Chrome but it's what I use for all my t'interweb browsing inc. UToob where I can see all comments and make them as well - Rob
I no longer work for Axminster Tools & Machinery.
Woodbloke
Sequoia

Name:

Postby Robert » 08 Oct 2020, 12:35

No expert but a quick search says it is a common problem and no definite solution.

Most say it is a problem with stored browser data. Maybe try private/incognito/whatever it is called mode and log in. If that works it will be because it ignores your stored data as nothing gets saved. So clearing cookies and cache may be the fix if private worked.
Robert
Old Oak

Name: Robert

Postby 9fingers » 08 Oct 2020, 13:20

Robert wrote:No expert but a quick search says it is a common problem and no definite solution.

Most say it is a problem with stored browser data. Maybe try private/incognito/whatever it is called mode and log in. If that works it will be because it ignores your stored data as nothing gets saved. So clearing cookies and cache may be the fix if private worked.

That sounded so very pausible Robert but on trying incognito mode, I still don't see the comments.
Cache clearing in normal mode does not help either. In incognito mode, the chache clearance option is greyed out.
Thanks for the suggestion nevertheless.
The alternative might be to get my notifications point to Seamonkey instead of Chrome if I could find how to do that.

Bob

PS you might recal an earlier problem with the recent windows update and notification links broken. That just disappeared one day. All just fine now. Strange.
Information on induction motors here
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1dBTVXx ... sp=sharing
Email:motors@minchin.org.uk
9fingers
Petrified Pine

Location: Romsey Hampshire between Southampton and the New Forest
Name: Bob

Postby Andyp » 08 Oct 2020, 17:55

How about uninstall Chrome then reinstall. Might clear any cached files/data.
I do not think therefore I do not am.

cheers
Andy
Andyp
Petrified Pine

Name: Andy

Postby Phil » 09 Oct 2020, 13:14

I have been using Opera on recommendation from an esteemed member.

Youtube works fine, shows recent and popular views, allows comments and allows me to upload as well.
We don't stop woodworking because we grow old, we grow old because we stop woodworking!

https://www.instagram.com/phil_pretoria/
Phil
Old Oak

Name: Phil

Return to The Woodmangler's Retreat