It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 02:31

The power of Axminster ?

Hang up your Chisels and Plane blades and take a load off with a recently turned goblet of your favourite poison, in the lounge of our Gentlemen's (and ladies) Club.

The power of Axminster ?

Postby RogerS » 12 Apr 2021, 18:20

I wanted to try out my 20+ year old Bosch power chisel on helping me carve the wreath. It’s still in production clearly as you can get an adapter to take large Flexcut chisels. I paid a £6 premium and ordered one from Axminster for pre-12pm delivery today.

It never arrived. So politely contacted Axminster customer service who investigated and apologised..”Sent to the wrong depot”…who knows. Refunded my £6. Coming tomorrow.

Well, Axminster certainly worked a miracle and for which my grateful thanks. I have just had a special delivery of my parcel. :o All the way from Carlisle depot to my home. One big DPD van just with my little parcel inside it….LOL!

That is unprecedented in all my experience.

Just had to try the adapter and Flexcut chisel. Yeeee….harrr. Bloody brilliant.
If opportunity doesn't knock, build a door.
RogerS
Petrified Pine

Name:

Re: The power of Axminster ?

Postby Woodbloke » 12 Apr 2021, 19:01

I had a similar experience a few weeks ago when I reported that their bandsaw blades were breaking at an alarming rate (my fault as it happened :D ) Two brand new bandsaw blades were instantly on their way to me - Rob
I no longer work for Axminster Tools & Machinery.
Woodbloke
Sequoia

Name:

Postby Woodster » 13 Apr 2021, 12:50

Not only from personal experience but also from what others have said there are two companies, there may be others, that do particularly well in terms of customer service in the UK. One is Axminster Tools and the other Record Power. Both companies seem to do very well when things go awry. I complained about the lack of delivery for a product I ordered from Axminster tools some years ago and it promptly arrived the next day and they had included a free spanner for the product. To say I was impressed is an understatement!
Woodster
Old Oak

Name:

Postby Malc2098 » 13 Apr 2021, 13:04

I can concur about the customer service of both those companies after issues with items bought from both.
Malcolm
Malc2098
Sequoia

Name: Malcolm

Postby RogerS » 13 Apr 2021, 13:25

Many years ago, I'd had a lot of trouble with TNT and so asked Axminster if they could use another carrier which they did. Everything worked flawlessly. Then I happened to place an order and paid the extra for Saturday delivery. About 30 minutes later, Customer Service called me to ask if I was happy to use TNT on this occasion as they were the only carrier company they had who would deliver on a Saturday but they'd noted my request not to use TNT.

10/10 :eusa-clap:
RogerS
Petrified Pine

Name:

Postby sunnybob » 13 Apr 2021, 14:38

I had trouble with TNT delivering my bandsaw from axminster.
Despite having my full address with post code they insisted I lived in Turkey, and sent the bandsaw to Istanbul.
Axminster made them bring it back, but TNT refused to believe they could be wrong and the only way I could get it delivered to me was to use my friends address from 10 miles away.
Axminster =10 /10
TNT = MINUS 76 / 10.
my wood projects are here https://pbase.com/sunnybob
sunnybob
Old Oak

Name:

Postby Trevanion » 13 Apr 2021, 15:10

“Turkish Bob” does have a certain ring to it :lol:

I can’t remember the last time I saw a TNT van, I’m not sure that they even operate in this area anymore.
Trevanion
Old Oak

Name:

Postby RogerS » 13 Apr 2021, 15:36

Trevanion wrote:“Turkish Bob” does have a certain ring to it :lol:

I can’t remember the last time I saw a TNT van, I’m not sure that they even operate in this area anymore.

They merged or got taken over by another company, IIRC. I think they tend to do larger lorry deliveries.
RogerS
Petrified Pine

Name:

Postby sunnybob » 13 Apr 2021, 15:48

Given the state of their mapping system, I expect all their vans are in Estonia, asking the locals for directions.
:eusa-whistle:
my wood projects are here https://pbase.com/sunnybob
sunnybob
Old Oak

Name:

Return to The Woodmangler's Retreat