It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 16:11

Pet wee!

Hang up your Chisels and Plane blades and take a load off with a recently turned goblet of your favourite poison, in the lounge of our Gentlemen's (and ladies) Club.

Pet wee!

Postby TrimTheKing » 16 Jan 2015, 11:47

Since our old cat was ill and started soiling indoors we have struggled to locate the source of a lingering odour. Bit of googling later I decided to buy a blacklight/UV torch.

I read various good/bad reviews, read up on the required light spectrum for pet mess and made a choice.

Well to say I was stunned is an understatement! Here's what an old (we're talking 6 months or more) cat wee stain looks like under UV. Bear in mind that the pic doesn't do it justice, the stains are probably twice or more bright than they show in the picture.

If you find yourself in the same pickle then I can heartily recommend it. Coupled with some stuff called PetWeeAway (which really does work) I can finally get rid of the stinky remnants.

Torch wasn't cheap (but not dear either) but research suggested cheap=poor in this field so I plunged. Happy to share link to the one I got if anyone's interested.

Cheers
Mark
Cheers
Mark
TrimTheKing
Site Admin

Name: Mark

Re: Pet wee!

Postby Woodbloke » 16 Jan 2015, 12:10

No more pets for us as SWIMBO's got an extraordinarily sensitive hooter to cat fur…even being in the vicinity of a mog will set her nose twitching - Rob
I no longer work for Axminster Tools & Machinery.
Woodbloke
Sequoia

Name:

Postby RogerM » 16 Jan 2015, 14:46

TrimTheKing wrote:... Coupled with some stuff called PetWeeAway (which really does work) .

Cheers
Mark

So is this what I need to take to stop me having to get up in the middle of the night? :lol:
RogerM
Nordic Pine

Name: Roger

Postby Mike G » 16 Jan 2015, 19:26

[trivia alert] A lot of birds of prey see in ultra-violet, and can therefore see the trails of urine left by mice, voles etc on their regular runs. This is one of the reasons why they are so damned efficient at catching rodents.[/trivia alert]
Mike G
Sequoia

Name:

Postby TrimTheKing » 16 Jan 2015, 20:00

Mike G wrote:[trivia alert] A lot of birds of prey see in ultra-violet, and can therefore see the trails of urine left by mice, voles etc on their regular runs. This is one of the reasons why they are so damned efficient at catching rodents.[/trivia alert]

Didn't know that, very interesting. :eusa-clap:

Cheers
Mark
Cheers
Mark
TrimTheKing
Site Admin

Postby Rod » 16 Jan 2015, 21:52

Try it in your loft space?

Rod
Rod
Old Oak

Name:

Postby TrimTheKing » 16 Jan 2015, 22:16

Rod wrote:Try it in your loft space?

Rod

Yep, will do tomorrow.

Mark
Cheers
Mark
TrimTheKing
Site Admin

Postby Rod » 16 Jan 2015, 22:36

If rats have been there, keep covered up - their urine carries Leptospirosis which is nasty to humans.

Rod
Rod
Old Oak

Name:

Postby Chris Hill » 17 Jan 2015, 23:52

What's the link please Mark
Chris Hill
Seedling

Name:

Return to The Woodmangler's Retreat