It is currently 23 Aug 2017, 18:37

Apache Open Office - making simple wine labels

Please list any and all bugs, feature requests etc in here and we can pick them up from one place. Only one bug/request per thread please, and make the title relevant so they are easy to pick out.

Apache Open Office - making simple wine labels

Postby tracerman » 08 Oct 2015, 15:16

Dear all - I have Windows 7 Pro , and including Apache Open Office . I want to create some simple wine labels , ideally six labels from an A4 sheet , with same text in all six sections . I used to do this somehow in a previous version of Windows but the sequence of moves is eluding me . I am assuming Apache is my starting point ? . Can some kind soul help ? .

Steve
tracerman
New Shoots

Name: Steve

Re: Apache Open Office - making simple wine labels

Postby Andyp » 08 Oct 2015, 16:57

Steve, I no longer have Neo Office which I used to use for MS Office documents etc but back in the day I downloaded templates from the web and used them for all sorts of labels but not wine. I can see there are wine label templates out there so should be quite simple.

These days I create a table in Word, place a text box in each cell and decorate and fill with text as required. I would think the same can be done in Apache.

cheers

Andy

if images are not visible on my posts it is because Photobucket withdrew their free hosting service. I will reload images to the most recent threads in due course. Please drop me a PM if you would like to see anything before then
Andyp
Old Oak

Name: Andy

Postby tracerman » 10 Oct 2015, 09:44

Andy , those labels look very posh . Which font is that ?

Steve
tracerman
New Shoots

Name: Steve

Postby Deejay » 10 Oct 2015, 10:59

Morning Steve

If you open Help in OO and search for labels, the first option you get is 'creating and synchronising'.

Enjoy.

Dave
Deejay
New Shoots

Name: Dave

Postby Andyp » 10 Oct 2015, 11:07

tracerman wrote:Andy , those labels look very posh . Which font is that ?

Steve

Thanks Steve, in MS WORD for Mac 2011 the font is Herculanum.
cheers

Andy

if images are not visible on my posts it is because Photobucket withdrew their free hosting service. I will reload images to the most recent threads in due course. Please drop me a PM if you would like to see anything before then
Andyp
Old Oak

Name: Andy

Return to Technical Issues, Bugs and Feature Requests