It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 09:36

How do I go back to a draft post?

Please list any and all bugs, feature requests etc in here and we can pick them up from one place. Only one bug/request per thread please, and make the title relevant so they are easy to pick out.

How do I go back to a draft post?

Postby Wizard9999 » 14 Aug 2014, 10:03

Started drafting a new post (in fact the start of a new thread), hit save draft as I wanted to look at a new PM I had just received, now can't seem to work out how to find that draft post so I can finish it. Any clues anyone can offer?

Wizard9999.
Wizard9999
Old Oak

Name: Lord Radford

Re: How do I go back to a draft post?

Postby 9fingers » 14 Aug 2014, 12:26

Terry, It should be in your user control panel

UCP\Overview\manage drafts\select load message.

I've not used this before and usually just open another tab if I want to get a reference or check something when posting. In fact it is a rather useful feature if you have poor speeds/connectivity as I have end up losing a near complete post in the past. Note to self! :text-bravo:

Bob
Information on induction motors here
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1dBTVXx ... sp=sharing
Email:motors@minchin.org.uk
9fingers
Petrified Pine

Location: Romsey Hampshire between Southampton and the New Forest
Name: Bob

Postby Wizard9999 » 14 Aug 2014, 14:46

Bob

Had looked in this area and as I did not find it thought that maybe the draft section was just for draft PMs and not for draft posts. Have experimented and found I did not read the message that asked me to confirm that I wanted to save the draft, so it is my own fault I lost it. Fortunately wasn't war and peace so I'll just type it up again.

Just a thought, but I also have poor connection where I live. What I tend to do is if I am typing a long post on any forum (not just this one), is to periodically during my typing highlight everything I have typed, hit cntl+c and then carrry on, then if I lose connection the majority of what I have typed is held on the local clip board and not lost.

Terry.
Wizard9999
Old Oak

Name: Lord Radford

Postby 9fingers » 14 Aug 2014, 16:07

Another way I have used - usually after losing a long post in preparation, is to compose it in a word processor with autosave/auto recovery enabled and then when it is ready, just past into the message box and preview it prior to posting.

Bob
Information on induction motors here
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1dBTVXx ... sp=sharing
Email:motors@minchin.org.uk
9fingers
Petrified Pine

Location: Romsey Hampshire between Southampton and the New Forest
Name: Bob

Postby Phil » 15 Aug 2014, 04:45

9fingers wrote:Another way I have used - usually after losing a long post in preparation, is to compose it in a word processor with autosave/auto recovery enabled and then when it is ready, just past into the message box and preview it prior to posting.

Bob

Same here.

Cheers
Phil
We don't stop woodworking because we grow old, we grow old because we stop woodworking!

https://www.instagram.com/phil_pretoria/
Phil
Old Oak

Name: Phil

Return to Technical Issues, Bugs and Feature Requests