It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 13:31

Download/copy a thread

Please list any and all bugs, feature requests etc in here and we can pick them up from one place. Only one bug/request per thread please, and make the title relevant so they are easy to pick out.

Download/copy a thread

Postby Phil » 20 Aug 2014, 06:08

I saw this somewhere (WH1?) where you can copy or download a whole thread easily for reading or if your own one for modifying.

For example Bob’s BRUB thread.

Cheers
Phil
We don't stop woodworking because we grow old, we grow old because we stop woodworking!

https://www.instagram.com/phil_pretoria/
Phil
Old Oak

Name: Phil

Re: Download/copy a thread

Postby 9fingers » 20 Aug 2014, 09:28

Hi Phil,

In PHPBB speak we have the hierarchy:- Board-forums-topics and posts in order top to bottom.

You can download a complete* topic using the printer icon at the top right of each topic. you can then select either to print on paper or print to a file or create a pdf depending on the drivers installed on your computer.

* this might be limited to the posts in a complete page, so a long topic would mean say creating a number of PDFs and using acrobat to concatenate them into a single pdf document using your own software. Not sure on this detail. :oops:

Having a complete topic in editable form does not quite make sense nor is it allowed as it would give access to change other peoples text. Only Mods & admin can do that.

The nearest you can get is to hit the edit button on you own individual post and then select and paste that into a word processor of you choice. This will not give you visible pictures, only the links to where they are located. You can edit away offline and then repost when complete. you need to be careful though as if others have posted in the meantime, your edit may make a nonsense of their post.
Editing is best done in realtime online as you will be alerted to subsequent posts and can re-edit if needed.

Working from fading, senile memory :D , I don't think we had anything different on WH1.

Hope this helps

Bob
Information on induction motors here
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1dBTVXx ... sp=sharing
Email:motors@minchin.org.uk
9fingers
Petrified Pine

Location: Romsey Hampshire between Southampton and the New Forest
Name: Bob

Postby Andyp » 20 Aug 2014, 10:54

Bob, my memory is not up to much either sometimes but I do think Phil is right. Of course how it was done is beyond me but I have found something that Mark maybe able to work on. I'll post details in the Mod board.
I do not think therefore I do not am.

cheers
Andy
Andyp
Petrified Pine

Name: Andy

Postby Phil » 20 Aug 2014, 12:16

Thanks Bob,

I don't want to change other peoples posts, but would like to download/print to read when I have more time like your BRUB one.
I will try the print button and see if it gives me what I want.

My own threads that I start, I do it in Word with all the Photobucket links and then post. And when I do any updates, the .doc just gets updated and the new section posted on the forum. That way I have it on my laptop and it gets backed up.

Cheers
Phil
Last edited by Phil on 14 Sep 2014, 18:34, edited 1 time in total.
We don't stop woodworking because we grow old, we grow old because we stop woodworking!

Phil
Old Oak

Postby Andyp » 20 Aug 2014, 13:54

Phil, Mark will take a look at this as soon as he can. Maybe a week or two with his current workload.
I do not think therefore I do not am.

cheers
Andy
Andyp
Petrified Pine

Name: Andy

Postby Phil » 21 Aug 2014, 04:59

Right, some progress! :D

I did the print button thing and used the Cute-PDF printer on the laptop.

What I ended up with is a very nice PDF file, saved and printed for reading later on.

Cheers
Phil

Phil
Old Oak

Return to Technical Issues, Bugs and Feature Requests