It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 21:48

Forum unavailabilty

Please list any and all bugs, feature requests etc in here and we can pick them up from one place. Only one bug/request per thread please, and make the title relevant so they are easy to pick out.

Forum unavailabilty

Postby TrimTheKing » 16 Oct 2018, 13:54

Hi all

I noticed the forum went offline between around 12:30-13:30 today showing a MySQL error. I checked the hosts status page and they were having multiple issues so I left it and it's come back.

Just to clarify, there's nothing wrong with the forum and it wasn't our issue, but a general issue the hosts had that obviously affected the server our forum runs on.

All back up and running now...

Cheers
Mark
Cheers
Mark
TrimTheKing
Site Admin

Name: Mark

Re: Forum unavailabilty

Postby 4ndy » 16 Oct 2018, 19:00

Cheers Mark. I don't post often, but read almost daily, glad to hear nothing should come in the way of another forum fix tomorrow! :eusa-dance: :mrgreen:
It might not be broken, but it will be by the time I've finished with it! (hammer)
4ndy
Seedling

Name: Andy

Postby 9fingers » 16 Oct 2018, 19:19

I noticed some difference in that I had to enter username and password at around 13:30 today which is very unusual as my browsers usually remember my details for months at a time.

Bob
Information on induction motors here
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1dBTVXx ... sp=sharing
Email:motors@minchin.org.uk
9fingers
Petrified Pine

Location: Romsey Hampshire between Southampton and the New Forest
Name: Bob

Postby TrimTheKing » 16 Oct 2018, 21:57

9fingers wrote:I noticed some difference in that I had to enter username and password at around 13:30 today which is very unusual as my browsers usually remember my details for months at a time.

Bob

Yep same for me. Must be a symptom of whatever went wrong. I was just ecstatic know it was the host and nothing technical on our side!!
Cheers
Mark
TrimTheKing
Site Admin

Postby 9fingers » 16 Oct 2018, 22:14

TrimTheKing wrote:
9fingers wrote:I noticed some difference in that I had to enter username and password at around 13:30 today which is very unusual as my browsers usually remember my details for months at a time.

Bob

Yep same for me. Must be a symptom of whatever went wrong. I was just ecstatic know it was the host and nothing technical on our side!!

Indeed! I don't understand how something at their end can override the facility in our browsers to remember and insert usernames and passwords

Anyway it is all working now, that's all that matters.

Bob
Information on induction motors here
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1dBTVXx ... sp=sharing
Email:motors@minchin.org.uk
9fingers
Petrified Pine

Location: Romsey Hampshire between Southampton and the New Forest
Name: Bob

Forum unavailabilty

Postby TrimTheKing » 16 Oct 2018, 23:52

9fingers wrote:
TrimTheKing wrote:

Bob

Indeed! I don't understand how something at their end can override the facility in our browsers to remember and insert usernames and passwords

Anyway it is all working now, that's all that matters.

Bob

Caching. Their systems will cache sessions, sessions contain username/password info. If the servers crash and need reloading then caches will clear, clearing down the session numbers between browsers and server thus requiring re-authentication. In a nutshell.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Cheers
Mark
TrimTheKing
Site Admin

Return to Technical Issues, Bugs and Feature Requests