It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 11:00

Questions?

Where to ask all your SketchUp related questions or share your skills (in the case of our resident Guru Dave R…).

Questions?

Postby Dave R » 02 Sep 2014, 12:59

I suppose it is mostly due to it being summer-ish, still and folks are doing other things but I was kind of expecting there might be more questions and general conversation in this forum. I hope no one is being shy. Maybe it'll pick up when the weather turns. Does it actually turn there? :D

In the meantime, here is something I sketched out in the morning yesterday to get in a little practice. It is based on a low coffee table that was originally designed and made in 1962 in Brazil. The wood grain texture looks kind of large but that's because the table is only 12 inches high. Seems to me that for a table that low, you would need some low seating. I wouldn't like that so much without a crane to help me get out of it.

In case anyone is interested, the wood grain texture is teak. I made it from an image of a board that is 8 feet long.

[url=https://flic.kr/p/oZb7XW]Image
Dave R
Nordic Pine

Name:

Re: Questions?

Postby RogerS » 02 Sep 2014, 13:05

Lovely texture, Dave.

I think the lack of questions is probably reflected in the fact that the membership numbers are still growing so it will take a bit of time.
If opportunity doesn't knock, build a door.
RogerS
Petrified Pine

Name:

Re: Questions?

Postby Dave R » 02 Sep 2014, 13:53

Thank you.

Patience is a good thing. ;)
Dave R
Nordic Pine

Name:

Return to SketchUp & other 'CAD' Tools