It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 09:06

My Only Vice

Where to ask all your SketchUp related questions or share your skills (in the case of our resident Guru Dave R…).

My Only Vice

Postby Dave R » 13 Sep 2014, 13:52

Well, actually, vise. :D

Since this forum has been pretty quiet for awhile I thought I'd post something I drew the other day. I needed a model of this vise for a workbench plan I've been working on so I bought one and took the measurements from it. This is the 7" quick release model. It's branded as Eclipse but from what I've been told, the company is using molds from Record. No idea if that's true or not but it looks much the same.

On the off chance you're interested, the pencil line style is one I made last night.
Dave R
Nordic Pine

Name:

Re: My Only Vice

Postby TrimTheKing » 13 Sep 2014, 14:06

Very nice Dave

I do like the pencil line styles, will have to have a play with those when I have some time.

Cheers
Mark
Cheers
Mark
TrimTheKing
Site Admin

Name: Mark

Postby DaveL » 13 Sep 2014, 14:23

Nice, you have not only the quick release but it has the built on dog as well. Have you built a bench to mount it on yet Dave?
Regards,
Dave
My tool kit is almost complete, only a few more to get.
DaveL
Old Oak

Name: Dave

Postby Dave R » 13 Sep 2014, 14:34

Thankee gentlemen.

Dave, no, I haven't built a bench yet. It's on my list. I've done plans for half a dozen or so workbenches for Fine Woodworking Magazine. Every time I get a new one to do for them I think, "this is the bench I'll build." Then the next one comes along and I like it, too. :? :lol:
Dave R
Nordic Pine

Name:

Return to SketchUp & other 'CAD' Tools