It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 19:55

advice please - slab for garden shed

Roll up, roll up. Here you will find everything from new workshop designs, through builds to completed workshop tours. All magnificently overseen by our own Mike G and his tremendously thorough 'Shed' design and generous advice.

advice please - slab for garden shed

Postby tracerman » 30 Aug 2019, 19:45

Not really a workshop , just a garden shed , have been putting this off for years but garden-related stuff has been invading space in my garage/workshop and now at crisis point . Due to arthritis I shall have to pay somebody to put down a concrete slab topped with paving slabs so I am wondering about the thickness of the concrete - it will only be a 6' x 8' shiplap shed and nothing heavy inside but opinions welcome . The concrete area will need to be 8' x 10' . Thanks
Steve
tracerman
Sapling

Name: Steve

Re: advice please - slab for garden shed

Postby Mike G » 30 Aug 2019, 20:27

If you are on solid ground. then 100 mm will be plenty. Indeed, you could get away with a little less if you really had to. Why get paving slabs involved?
Mike G
Sequoia

Name:

Postby tracerman » 30 Aug 2019, 23:57

Mike - Her Indoors wants a 6 x 8 shed with 2' slabs around the edge as a " feature " with plants in pots etc . Women Eh ?
Steve
tracerman
Sapling

Name: Steve

Postby Mike G » 31 Aug 2019, 07:38

Ideally the base of the shed should be raised well above the surrounding slabs. Six inches is about the minimum. And paving slabs don't need to be laid on concrete.
Mike G
Sequoia

Name:

Return to Workshop Builds