It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 09:54

Spartan's Workshop build - Planning phase

Roll up, roll up. Here you will find everything from new workshop designs, through builds to completed workshop tours. All magnificently overseen by our own Mike G and his tremendously thorough 'Shed' design and generous advice.

Spartan's Workshop build - Planning phase

Postby spartan » 15 Aug 2020, 10:00

Yesterday I spent the first of probably many hours on council planning website seeking information. Eventually found sufficient info to make a start, not too sure of fees but that may be sorted another day. Planning are currently unable to offer site/office meetings can offer telephone/skype for £30 on top of the normal pre application fee ( the amount of which I was unable to find ) so I am not sure how much pre app advice would cost or if it would be taken of the full cost.
Last edited by spartan on 14 Sep 2020, 18:24, edited 1 time in total.
spartan
Seedling

Name:

Re: Spartan's Workshop build - Planning phase

Postby 9fingers » 15 Aug 2020, 11:19

I've started a new thread for you - krs Bob
Information on induction motors here
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1dBTVXx ... sp=sharing
Email:motors@minchin.org.uk
9fingers
Petrified Pine

Location: Romsey Hampshire between Southampton and the New Forest
Name: Bob

Postby spartan » 15 Aug 2020, 11:43

Thanks 9fingers.
Help required re. site location map. Any builders who applied for PP, if you needed a site location map do you have recommendations for drawing map eg. planning portal suggestions or something you found online which might be simpler to understand?
spartan
Seedling

Name:

Postby 9fingers » 15 Aug 2020, 12:17

spartan wrote:Thanks 9fingers.
Help required re. site location map. Any builders who applied for PP, if you needed a site location map do you have recommendations for drawing map eg. planning portal suggestions or something you found online which might be simpler to understand?

You can usually do a screen grab off the councils own website.

Bob
9fingers
Petrified Pine

Postby 9fingers » 15 Aug 2020, 12:40

This site can be quite good but outside of dorset and surrounding counties you have to navigate manually then screen grab.
https://explorer.geowessex.com/
Bob
9fingers
Petrified Pine

Postby spartan » 15 Aug 2020, 14:40

Thanks for that, did find us. Unfortunately, for here you have to outline your property with red line which would appear to be "easier" to do on the council linked site.
Last edited by spartan on 14 Sep 2020, 18:23, edited 1 time in total.
spartan
Seedling

Name:

Postby 9fingers » 15 Aug 2020, 14:46

One you have screen grabbed the local area import it into your drawing program or even a word processor with its rudimentary drawing tools and put your blue lines on that way.
Bob
9fingers
Petrified Pine

Postby Deejay » 16 Aug 2020, 07:51

Morning Spartan

Welcome to the forum.

Do you have a copy of the Land Registry plan associated with the deeds?

You can download them for a few quid.

Cheers

Dave
Deejay
Sapling

Name: Dave

Postby spartan » 17 Aug 2020, 13:22

Application on temporary hold, waiting on some from clarification from council, MOT on car then return to Wales to get some more measurements to take the process further along. We don`t have internet access in Wales so the process will get a bit long winded, we usually use the library for internet but this has been closed for quite a while.
Thanks for the helpful comments.
Last edited by spartan on 14 Sep 2020, 18:22, edited 1 time in total.
spartan
Seedling

Name:

Postby spartan » 07 Sep 2020, 16:11

Stuff sorted and dealt with, so application hopefully completed, all the necessary bits and pieces in place. I have been waiting most of the day for the bacs transfer information needed to pay for app. I wish they were this slow getting council tax of me, or is this what wfh means in reality.
spartan
Seedling

Name:

Postby RogerS » 07 Sep 2020, 18:08

spartan wrote:Thanks for that, did find us. Unfortunately, for Powys you have to outline your property with blue line which would appear to be "easier" to do on the Powys linked site.

If you have a Mac then it's Easy-Peasy...use Preview
If opportunity doesn't knock, build a door.
RogerS
Petrified Pine

Name:

Postby spartan » 14 Sep 2020, 18:07

Just received an "application invalid", from the council, a lot of errors eg. lack of N arrow, wrong plan, lack of annotated scale, measurements, wrong file type etc. We asked for some help/explanation what was required, received an apology email, only a few small items need correction ( at this point ), appears some of the queries were there but missed.
Hopefully upward and onward.
spartan
Seedling

Name:

Postby spartan » 26 Sep 2020, 10:42

Fingers crossed it would seem that we have successfully jumped over the first hurdle, we received an email stating the council has issued the notice asking for comments from interested parties. We should know the result within 8 weeks, onward again.
spartan
Seedling

Name:

Postby Malc2098 » 26 Sep 2020, 13:07

spartan wrote:Fingers crossed it would seem that we have successfully jumped over the first hurdle, we received an email stating the council has issued the notice asking for comments from interested parties. We should know the result within 8 weeks, onward again.

Those 8 weeks will whizz past. Carry on planning/drawing etc.
Malcolm
Malc2098
Sequoia

Name: Malcolm

Postby spartan » 27 Sep 2020, 10:40

I think the planning/drawing stage could last most of the winter, working outside on the Costa del Rhadayer in the winter would require North Sea wet gear.
spartan
Seedling

Name:

Postby Andyp » 27 Sep 2020, 12:59

edit
Post removed. As in the wrong thread :oops:
I do not think therefore I do not am.

cheers
Andy
Andyp
Petrified Pine

Name: Andy

Postby spartan » 22 Oct 2020, 20:29

Process has moved a bit, public notice has been stapled to a fence for any interested member of the public to view, members of public are usually sitting in vehicles travelling at 50/60 mph, or faster. Notice was photographed and emailed, pulled up for not putting a date on it. We were also asked what bio-diversity we could provide eg bat boxes or bird boxes needed to amend plans, did so then we were told it didn`t really matter, possibly somebody saw how many trees we have. November 11th was given as the end of the decision making process, unless covid has a further part to play.
Notice did get a little damp quite quickly, quite difficult to read, quite wet in Wales.
More bothered about abscess and toothache than sheds at the moment.
spartan
Seedling

Name:

Postby spartan » 12 Nov 2020, 12:12

I have now lost one tooth and gained 2 stitches in the gum and planning permission. I don`t know if this is specific to Wales but I have to install bio diversity provisions ( bat/bird boxes, native plants ) before the project is completed. I also cannot install outside lighting on the building. Another slight problem is Boris has me locked (up) in England and Duckford won`t let me into Wales anytime in the near future. Off to make some bat/bird boxes might do them Mikeg style solid oak with M&T joinery or more like rough sawn and big nails. Perhaps one with a 3 inch hole might attract a Red Kite or Buzzard to set up home. :lol:
spartan
Seedling

Name:

Postby spartan » 26 Nov 2020, 20:23

Forgot to mention along with granting of PP. the letter contained an instruction to contact Building control/regulations along with a phone number, slight concern here that I might be heading towards trouble. Made contact by phone, 4 days later nice helpful chap said no problems, not under building control and to crack on, if there is any help you need please contact. He is doing our neighbours extension down the road ( about 600 yds away, quite close for round here ) hoping he is finished there before we start, you never know what he might say if he visits eg. might not be enough bird boxes. :lol:
spartan
Seedling

Name:

Postby TrimTheKing » 15 Jan 2021, 18:09

Hi mate, how's this looking? You managed to get back into Welshland to make a start before we went into total lockdown?
Cheers
Mark
TrimTheKing
Site Admin

Name: Mark

Postby spartan » 15 Jan 2021, 20:16

Unfortunately no, locked out at one end and locked in at the other. We would not have bothered doing much during the winter, with age comes wisdom? Gets rather cold wet and windy in the winter. Hopefully things might improve in ....... April, May, June who knows?
spartan
Seedling

Name:

Return to Workshop Builds