It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 11:49

Really annoying tendency to lose text in post

Please list any and all bugs, feature requests etc in here and we can pick them up from one place. Only one bug/request per thread please, and make the title relevant so they are easy to pick out.

Really annoying tendency to lose text in post

Postby Wizard9999 » 11 Aug 2015, 17:32

Twice in two days I have had the same problem with posting. I start a post, then open aother window on my iPad, for example to find a link I want to put in the post. When I return to the window where I have started typing a post the entry has been cleared and cannot be recovered :o , so I have to type it again. I know I can save a draft, but the save and reload process is IMHO a PITA. Surely this can't be how it should work?

Terry.
Wizard9999
Old Oak

Name: Lord Radford

Re: Really annoying tendency to lose text in post

Postby Andyp » 11 Aug 2015, 20:09

Can't begin to imagine what is happening there Terry. Do you only use the iPad for forum posts as I suspect it is an iPad issue. Any other users with the same experience?
I do not think therefore I do not am.

cheers
Andy
Andyp
Petrified Pine

Name: Andy

Postby TrimTheKing » 11 Aug 2015, 21:46

I think it's just the way iPad's work in that they refresh the page when you come back to it, and the page doesn't have your text in by default, hence it disappears.

Only way I can suggest to mitigate that is to tap on a word to bring up the on screen menu, click Select All and copy the text, that way when you go back if it's disappeared you can just paste it back in.

Not ideal but will save you losing it.

Thanks
Mark
Cheers
Mark
TrimTheKing
Site Admin

Name: Mark

Postby RogerS » 11 Aug 2015, 22:47

Or edit the complete reply in any text editor/notepad. Then simply cut'n'paste into the Reply box.
If opportunity doesn't knock, build a door.
RogerS
Petrified Pine

Name:

Postby Commander » 15 Aug 2015, 21:18

In my opinion the iPad is good for reading, less good for posting and frankly terrible for making complicated posts, so I start up the laptop if I wanna do more than reading or basic posts. M2CW... :ugeek:
Commander
Sapling

Name: Erich

Return to Technical Issues, Bugs and Feature Requests