It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 17:16

Help Rewinding a motor field?

This is the place to go with all your issues, questions or handy hints on all things related to motors, electrickery, engineering, metalwork etc...

Help Rewinding a motor field?

Postby Johnsbegood » 28 Feb 2016, 19:35

Hi guys. Just thought I'd ask on here whether anyone knows someone who could rewind my field from my Bosch wall chaser? Bosch very kindly have decided to cease production of the field. So I've now got a Bosch wall chaser that no longer works due to this faulty field. Everything else is fine on it bar this field. Thanks. Paul.
Johnsbegood
Seedling

Name:

Re: Help Rewinding a motor field?

Postby 9fingers » 28 Feb 2016, 23:25

Johnsbegood wrote:Hi guys. Just thought I'd ask on here whether anyone knows someone who could rewind my field from my Bosch wall chaser? Bosch very kindly have decided to cease production of the field. So I've now got a Bosch wall chaser that no longer works due to this faulty field. Everything else is fine on it bar this field. Thanks. Paul.

You might find a sympathetic local rewind shop that will help. You might also be able to assist them by making a curved former to fit the existing coil from a block of wood. Having got that far, you could possibly DIY and dip the result in some electrical varnish.

Having done some digging using the part numbers of chaser field coils, several actually match with Bosch angle grinders too. Might be worth a punt?

Bob
Information on induction motors here
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1dBTVXx ... sp=sharing
Email:motors@minchin.org.uk
9fingers
Petrified Pine

Location: Romsey Hampshire between Southampton and the New Forest
Name: Bob

Postby Johnsbegood » 28 Feb 2016, 23:41

Cheers bud. the part number is 1604220222. theres listings for them but when u order it they come back and say the part is now unavailable/obsolete!

i was hoping i could find someone to do it in their "lunch hour" as i reckon it would take an hour max as its not very big and it very simply done from what i can see. id even have a go myself but i would obvisouly need the correct gauge of wire and i've no experience in measuring and buying the correct wire.

cheers

Paul
Johnsbegood
Seedling

Name:

Postby 9fingers » 29 Feb 2016, 00:02

That part comes from the GWS 9 -150 angle grinder 110v model

Several places I agree show no stock but Miles appear to have them

http://www.mtmc.co.uk/Bosch-GWS-9-150-C ... 84404.aspx

you might just be lucky?

Anyway measuring wire only needs a micrometer and to look up on swg tables. Some places also sell metric wire so you just need to get something as near as possible. Preferably rewind both halves to make sure they are matched. Weigh the coils as the wire is usually sold by weight not length.

Bob
Information on induction motors here
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1dBTVXx ... sp=sharing
Email:motors@minchin.org.uk
9fingers
Petrified Pine

Location: Romsey Hampshire between Southampton and the New Forest
Name: Bob

Postby Johnsbegood » 29 Feb 2016, 21:02

Yeah I've tried looking in to other items that use the same field and I've ordered from that place and they came straight back saying the parts obsolete.

I was thinking I might have a go at rewinding it myself. The cable is about £10. If I mess it up I'll drop it round to a rewinders.

Cheers.
Johnsbegood
Seedling

Name:

Return to Engineering - Electrical/Metalworking