I had to wait for all the different bits for the switch box to arrive, some came all the way from China.
I bought 3 push buttons, red, green and yellow for stop, forward and reverse, a pot with nice screw terminals for the speed control. A plastic box to mount them in along with some more screened cable and a strain relief cable gland.
The switches have nice looking contacts,
Normally closed on one side and normally open the other.
It looked like they should all fit.
I covered the lid with masking tape and marked the holes
This picture is for Roger, I know he liked the drill guide.
I them used a tool I have had for over 40 years to open the holes to 22 mm.
I then ran into the first problem, after fitting the switches, the lid was 0.5 mm off the bottom of the box. After wandering abound muttering about buy the wrong box, I looked for some washers, I found some nice black ones, 1 mm thick, I think they are meant for flanges on water tanks. Once they were fitted everything went together as planned.
The control cable was then fitted into the box and wired to the nice screw terminals.
I connected the other end to the VFD and reprogrammed it to use 3 wire control. On trying it out the speed control was very odd, only having a very small range. I tracked that down to putting the wires in one hole to the right of where they should be been, luckily it did no damage and it all works as planned now the wires are in the correct position.
Next is the hard bit, swapping the motor and making the adapter to allow the drive pulley to fit the new motor shaft.