It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 16:04

Pugh's Auction - Saturday 7th January

This forum is for any general questions, queries or plain old chinwaggery on Woody stuff in general.

Pugh's Auction - Saturday 7th January

Postby RogerS » 31 Dec 2016, 14:52

Just a heads up to say that their main wood auction is next Saturday Jan 7th. This is the largest auction in any year, by far.

Ledbury is a delightful town with good facilities, interesting shops, tea rooms and restaurants and a small leisure centre with pool. So why not bring the family if you can't get a Pass Out ?
If opportunity doesn't knock, build a door.
RogerS
Petrified Pine

Name:

Re: Pugh's Auction - Saturday 7th January

Postby Andyp » 01 Jan 2017, 09:53

I'd love to go :mrgreen:

I have an idea for a wedding present that is way beyond my skill level. Wedding not until next year (2018). So I have time to buy some suitable wood and to try a few practice pieces.

Problem is I need 2 contrasting timbers 12" x 12" x 2". Purple heart ticks the right boxes for the dark wood, but where to source. The light wood, beech probably, is a lot easier to source.

If I register on their mailing list do they send details of the the lots in forthcoming sales? I'd have to find someone to bid for me and work out how to get the stuff here but there is time.
I do not think therefore I do not am.

cheers
Andy
Andyp
Petrified Pine

Name: Andy

Re: Pugh's Auction - Saturday 7th January

Postby RogerS » 01 Jan 2017, 10:01

Andyp wrote:I'd love to go :mrgreen:

I have an idea for a wedding present that is way beyond my skill level. Wedding not until next year (2018). So I have time to buy some suitable wood and to try a few practice pieces.

Problem is I need 2 contrasting timbers 12" x 12" x 2". Purple heart ticks the right boxes for the dark wood, but where to source. The light wood, beech probably, is a lot easier to source.

If I register on their mailing list do they send details of the the lots in forthcoming sales? I'd have to find someone to bid for me and work out how to get the stuff here but there is time.

No, you just get notifications and need to go into the website to look at the catalogue...which will be out later this week. If there's something that you like let me know and I can have a look at it and even take a photo and email that to you. You can then decide on how much you want to bid on it and I can bid on your behalf or place a commission bid. We can easily sort out delivery (unless you decide to bid on something huge!). They always have some humungously huge pieces.

And some really interesting pieces fro time to time

If opportunity doesn't knock, build a door.
RogerS
Petrified Pine

Name:

Return to General Woodworking