It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 20:31

Vaping Implements' Holder

Hang up your Chisels and Plane blades and take a load off with a recently turned goblet of your favourite poison, in the lounge of our Gentlemen's (and ladies) Club.

Re: Vaping Implements' Holder

Postby Pinch » 03 Jan 2017, 20:01

Malc2098 wrote:Chaps,

I think some of you may be missing the point here. Paul has said he was a pipe smoker and converted to vaping. I have just said I'm in the process of converting from tobacco to vapour! I have smoked for 45 years. I would have thought that, especially on this forum, a little support would have been preferable to just giving Paul a hard time over his interpretation of the data that he has seen.

I have resisted the temptation to join in the threads about drivers who choose their own speeds according the conditions they consider ok. IMHO it is they who deserve a hard time rather than those who have given up smoking, but if anyone wants me to join in in those threads, I can give graphic and emotional details of dealing with crashes caused by that very choice and the subsequent effect on everyone touched by that choice.

Cheers Malc - much appreciate your words. 8-) I'm big and ugly enough though... :lol:

It is funny... I started this thread as a small woodworking project (although I stupidly opened it in the wrong section) and not a debate about the comparisons of smoking verses vaping, but I should have known better I suppose. Some people are only too quick to jump on your back to try and prove a point without knowing all the compromising facts.

It must be difficult for you to hold back at times when reading threads about reckless road users when you've witnessed unnecessary carnage in your former profession - well done to you! 8-)
In my previous life, I was a tree.
Pinch
Old Oak

Name: Paul

Postby Tusses » 03 Jan 2017, 20:04

Mine was just curioso ! .. I wonder the same about nico patches ! lol .. do they give the same effect etc. ?
Tusses
Old Oak

Name:

Postby Pinch » 03 Jan 2017, 20:25

StevieB wrote:Not giving anyone a hard time over giving up smoking Malc, merley pointing out that the statistic quoted was nonsensical and should not be used as a basis for anything as it was written. A percentage in the way it was described needs to be compared to something (as Pinch later points out in a subsequent post) not used as an absolute.

If vaping can be used as a stepping stone to giving up smoking then great, go for it. It is not a health benefit however, or neutral, and we should be careful not to promote it as such. Pinch used the term 'the results were staggeringly good' - this implies a benefit to vaping. What I suspect he meant was that 'the results were staggeringly good when compared to smoking', which is not the same thing.

We all have our pet peeves - as a scientist one of mine happens to be use of the terms 'scientifically tested' or 'scientifically proven' when used to apply a veneer or respectability to a study, finding or reported fact. I apologise if this was read as discouraging anyone from giving up smoking.

Steve

I thought it was pretty obvious a comparison was being made in my earlier posts Steve. If you bothered to read the earlier posts, you would have seen I was replying to Richard's (Tusses) post, to which Mike replied, and I then replied to Mike with a personal tobacco/vape comparison intro. I would have thought the context of the next paragraph was obvious, but it wasn't to you, so I apologise if you found my quoted statement misleading.

Again, the term 'the results were staggeringly good' was based on a comparison, which again, I thought was obvious. I think here, you definitely got the wrong end of the stick Steve. If I wanted to read between the lines, I could easily feel you're implying I have promoted vaping as a health benefit. So for the record, I know I haven't unintentionally or intentionally. This hump is on your back, not mine.
Pinch
Old Oak

Postby Pinch » 03 Jan 2017, 20:40

Tusses wrote:Mine was just curioso ! .. I wonder the same about nico patches ! lol .. do they give the same effect etc. ?

I know it was Rich - no worries matey. 8-)

I've never tried the patches and I wouldn't want to. The only hit I've experienced with nicotine when I smoked was a lightheaded feeling with my first smoke of the day which lasted a few seconds - no dramas or buzz or feeling high. I enjoy all of it... I like the kit, the rituals, the preparation, the maintenance, the smoking (now vaping) the aromas, the taste, the plumes etc etc... I just enjoy doing it - it brings me pleasure.

Cor blinkin hell chap! This thread was meant to be about designing and making a wooden holder for my vaping implements. :lol: :lol:

SPOOK !
Pinch
Old Oak

Postby Tusses » 03 Jan 2017, 20:46

:lol:
Tusses
Old Oak

Name:

Postby RogerS » 03 Jan 2017, 22:54

Pinch wrote:....
Cor blinkin hell chap! This thread was meant to be about designing and making a wooden holder for my vaping implements. :lol: :lol:
SPOOK !

And you dissed my Sherlock hat :lol:
If opportunity doesn't knock, build a door.
RogerS
Petrified Pine

Name:

Postby Pinch » 04 Jan 2017, 11:43

RogerS wrote:
Pinch wrote:....
SPOOK !

And you dissed my Sherlock hat :lol:

Not at all chap - I loved the idea. It's just I would look a bit of a plonker wearing your Sherlock hat with all my vaping implements in situ. :lol: :lol:
Pinch
Old Oak

Postby meccarroll » 04 Jan 2017, 13:48

How is the storage unit coming along Mr Pinch?

Mark
meccarroll
Sapling

Name:

Postby Pinch » 04 Jan 2017, 20:44

meccarroll wrote:How is the storage unit coming along Mr Pinch?

Mark

Cheers Mark - it isn't yet. :lol:

I'll be back in the shop on Friday and will make some sort of start to this wondrous item then. 8-)

I have a few ideas floating around in my head and although I like quirky, I not going to go bonkers - well, not Sherlock hat bonkers at least.
Pinch
Old Oak

Previous

Return to The Woodmangler's Retreat