It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 14:09

Panel Saw Haulege Cost?

Here's the place to talk about all your table saws, bandsaws, routers and dust extractors. In fact anything that makes noise and uses electrickery.

Panel Saw Haulege Cost?

Postby meccarroll » 29 Dec 2016, 00:15

Hi all I have just made a purchase of a Panel saw on ebay, trouble is it's 270 miles away and I need to either rent a suitable trailer or find a haulage firm to transport it for me.

Does anyone know a firm that does this sort of haulage. I've tried Uship 3 times but their system keeps altering the saw's dimensions to about three times it's actual size so I won't be able to obtain any reliable quotes using their system.

Saw is located in Southport and I'm in Lowestoft.

Any help is appreciated.

Mark
meccarroll
Sapling

Name:

Re: Panel Saw Haulege Cost?

Postby Doug » 29 Dec 2016, 10:21

I'm moved quite a few machines over the years & by far the easiest was to hire a van with a tail lift.

I've never bothered with haulage firms partly because you end up waiting in for them so wasting time but mainly I prefer to oversee the carriage of the machine, incorrect lifting can cause untold damage which when found can be costly to rectify.
Doug
Old Oak

Name:

Postby Rod » 29 Dec 2016, 11:17

I've only moved one heavyish object (a bandsaw) and got quotes from Shipley but in the end used Palletline which cost me £50.

Rod
Rod
Old Oak

Name:

Postby meccarroll » 03 Jan 2017, 23:45

Thank you for the replies Chaps.

Saw is now collected. I used a trailer, winch and wheeled trolly. Was quite heavy but the lifting and move went ok. As with Doug, I did not want the saw damaged so did this one myself but did check out Palletline who came in at no more than what it cost me for diesel.

I think I'll look into Palletline reviews for next time. Anyway many thanks for the replies.

Mark
meccarroll
Sapling

Name:

Return to Machines & Power Toolery