It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 23:34

Vertical panel saw to be sold soon

Here's the place to talk about all your table saws, bandsaws, routers and dust extractors. In fact anything that makes noise and uses electrickery.

Vertical panel saw to be sold soon

Postby tracerman » 05 Jan 2017, 20:50

People - it has not been an easy decision , but in view of arthritis I am considering selling my Safety Speed Cut C4 panel saw if I can get sensible money . I have had this for some time , dating back to my dollshouse days when it was cutting 8x4 birch ply and mdf , mostly 6mm . It has been used just enough to keep it alive but never overtaxed . Its only on its second blade , bought last year so its in fine fettle . It can take a 10 x 4 . It has roller extensions at the bottom so pushing an 8 x 4 or even a 10 x 4 in ripping mode is no problem if you have the ( length) space each side of the machine . If I have an issue with length I partially trundle it out onto my driveway . It has the 1) wheel kit 2) stand 3) sliding dust kit with tubing , elbow and hood 4) " hold-down " which presses on the sheets for stability 5) roller extensions which extend support when ripping 6) quick stop for setting measurements 7) nearly-new blade 8) mid-way fence useful for cutting smaller pieces .
Although never used a great deal , it has been invaluable for cutting sheet materials especially as I work alone . Its accurate and easy to use and I don't want it to go , but if anybody offers me in the region of say £1500 they will be getting a bargain . Buyer must collect . I'm in Lordswood , Southampton SO16 area .
Steve
tracerman
Sapling

Name: Steve

Re: Vertical panel saw to be sold soon

Postby Tusses » 06 Jan 2017, 11:31

what's the realistic floor space it needs to use, and the foot print when not in use ?

I don't have £1500 and you are too far away, but if I did and you weren't .. I'd be wanting to know that ;)

It might help someone who is interested :obscene-drinkingcheers:
Tusses
Old Oak

Name:

Postby tracerman » 06 Jan 2017, 13:44

Tusses - good point - in its inactive state its 8 feet wide , 7 feet high , and leaning back on the leg/stand it would be approx. 1.5 feet . I have temporarily disconnected the stand and its lashed , near upright , to shelving behind using approx. 1 foot floor . It can be used in this mode , no problem . If ripping an 8 x 4 sheet you would need a shade over 16 feet . So generally it requires clear floorspace of 16 feet x 1.5 feet. or 1 foot if held up near-vertical .
Steve
tracerman
Sapling

Postby Tusses » 06 Jan 2017, 16:14

and can the 8' working space be either side ?
Tusses
Old Oak

Name:

Postby tracerman » 06 Jan 2017, 18:00

When not in use you can store several sheets on the machine . So an 8 x 4 would sit there within the confines of the frame . If you were cutting an 8 x 4 in half then as above . If you wanted to RIP an 8 x 4 then you would need 8 feet one side of the blade ( you can rip from both sides by choosing which way round you swivel the blade ) to start , and 4 feet would be supported by the rollers at the base , then as you push it through it is supported on the other side of the blade but for a full 8 foot rip four feet would rest on the rollers and another 4 feet sticking out . Simples . To rip a 10 x 4 you would probably need an assistant . So you need 8 feet each side if ripping a whole 8 x 4 , if making vertical cuts you can work from either side . The quick stop is on the left side at the moment , so I tend to work from the left . It may sound complicated , but it isn't . Have a look at the ones on the Ax site ( sorry Rob ) , mine doesn't have the red sheet on the back but in all other respects I think its the same basic design .
tracerman
Sapling

Return to Machines & Power Toolery