It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 10:16

Hello..

Visit here first to sign the visitors book, say your first 'Hello', share something about yourself and have a read of the forum rules.

Hello..

Postby Kimtins » 31 Aug 2018, 17:28

I joined the forum today as I'm an avid fiddler, not the musical kind but the kind that likes a project and a challenge and I also hate the modern waste culture.

My father was a builder and as a child my happy place was his workshop where I would saw and nail with glee.

Despite being told to 'get someone in' I will attempt anything around the home and this has now lead to my hobbiest interest in all things wood, I am currently driving my partner mad trying to perfect hand cut joints.

I should perhaps mention I am a lady and past the age where a career change is in order so it is all DIY and hobby for me, I also have a for of rheumatism that makes my hands freeze up so am constantly on the lookout for an 'easier' way of doing things but the time I spend in my little shed is the best part of my week so I look forward to seeing all the amazing projects you undertake and learning from you all where I'm going wrong.

Kim

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Kimtins
Seedling

Name:

Re: Hello..

Postby Malc2098 » 31 Aug 2018, 19:16

Yo! Welcome, Kim.

They're a decent lot here with loads of knowledge skills and experience. I know, I've tapped into loads of it already!
Malcolm
Malc2098
Sequoia

Name: Malcolm

Postby Mike G » 31 Aug 2018, 19:35

Welcome Kim. You may notice that we like photos. Lots of photos. Show us your joints................not, not THOSE joints, your wooden ones. :)
Mike G
Sequoia

Name:

Postby Andyp » 01 Sep 2018, 09:13

And a warm welcome from me too. As Mike says we love photos around here so don't be shy and show us any projects old or new. There are plenty of knowledgable folks here who can offer help and guidance on just about anything.
I do not think therefore I do not am.

cheers
Andy
Andyp
Petrified Pine

Name: Andy

Postby Robert » 01 Sep 2018, 14:38

Hello and welcome :)

Don't think I have rheumatic problems but my elbows complain at most hand tool use so I have developed an aversion to hand tools. Damage done during my working life. Machines all the way for me.

Look forward to seeing your hand cut joinery.
Robert
Old Oak

Name: Robert

Postby TrimTheKing » 01 Sep 2018, 16:36

Hello Kim, and welcome.

Delighted to have another lady join the ranks. We have but a handful thus far so delighted you feel comfortable enough to join us.

There are lots of people on here with a wealth of experience across many areas of woodwork and outside so hopefully you will enjoy it here.

As Mike says, we love photo's, and we're mostly all hobbiests, so don't be shy. :obscene-drinkingcheers:
Cheers
Mark
TrimTheKing
Site Admin

Name: Mark

Postby Phil » 07 Oct 2018, 08:58

Welcome and ditto to what the others have already said.

I have some rheumatism/arthritis in the fingers and struggle with very small stuff.
We don't stop woodworking because we grow old, we grow old because we stop woodworking!

https://www.instagram.com/phil_pretoria/
Phil
Old Oak

Name: Phil

Postby Mike G » 07 Oct 2018, 09:03

I think Kimtims forgot to bookmark the forum.
Mike G
Sequoia

Name:

Postby 9fingers » 07 Oct 2018, 09:36

Mike G wrote:I think Kimtims forgot to bookmark the forum.

I've long believed that the forum software should default to new members getting email notifications whenever their posts are replied to. But this was not feasible iirc.
Bob
Information on induction motors here
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1dBTVXx ... sp=sharing
Email:motors@minchin.org.uk
9fingers
Petrified Pine

Location: Romsey Hampshire between Southampton and the New Forest
Name: Bob

Postby Woodbloke » 07 Oct 2018, 22:40

9fingers wrote:
Mike G wrote:I think Kimtims forgot to bookmark the forum.

I've long believed that the forum software should default to new members getting email notifications whenever their posts are replied to. But this was not feasible iirc.
Bob

Whilst I welcome the new lady member to our esteemed t'interweb establishment, the arrival of email notifications would personally cause me to a) forgo WH2 in it's entirety and/or b) throw a moderately sized house brick through the monitor screen. Probably the latter - Rob
I no longer work for Axminster Tools & Machinery.
Woodbloke
Sequoia

Name:

Postby Rod » 09 Oct 2018, 10:25

For some reason or other, I get notifications for all the posts in WH2.
I must have accidentally set it up??
There’s not that many, so not annoying so far

Rod
Rod
Old Oak

Name:

Postby TrimTheKing » 10 Oct 2018, 10:34

Rod wrote:For some reason or other, I get notifications for all the posts in WH2.
I must have accidentally set it up??
There’s not that many, so not annoying so far

Rod
Yep you will have set it up by accident. Log into the website version, look in your User Control Panel and the setting will be in there.

Mark
Cheers
Mark
TrimTheKing
Site Admin

Name: Mark

Return to Welcome (Introductions)