It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 14:15

A new verb

Hang up your Chisels and Plane blades and take a load off with a recently turned goblet of your favourite poison, in the lounge of our Gentlemen's (and ladies) Club.

A new verb

Postby RogerS » 05 Mar 2019, 17:09

v.i. to Travis Perkins

conjugates thus

I TravisPerkins
You TravisPerkins

..and so on.

Definition To utterly destroy a driveway when trying to deliver soil and gravel

For example....

:(
If opportunity doesn't knock, build a door.
RogerS
Petrified Pine

Name:

Re: A new verb

Postby Malc2098 » 05 Mar 2019, 17:20

Well, if TP haven't got an email from you with the photos and a bill yet, I'd say you're slipping.

Was it a 7.5 or LGV, Roger?

I note that many under 7.5 drivers fail to corner correctly in small spaces and overrun footways, crossing points etc. They seem to drive the front of the vehicle like it's a car and forget about the back.

Is it because they don't have to show that level of competence with a vehicle of that length?
Malcolm
Malc2098
Sequoia

Name: Malcolm

Postby RogerS » 05 Mar 2019, 18:30

I'm slipping! TBH I'm not going to kick up a fuss as the driver was trying his best and he has gone 'the extra distance...' on many occasions before now to help us out.

SWMBO said "What will you do?" and I replied 'Nothing ! I can't be ar*ed' :lol:
RogerS
Petrified Pine

Name:

Postby Coley » 05 Mar 2019, 20:45

Was he drunk ?

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
Coley
Sapling

Name:

Postby RogerS » 05 Mar 2019, 21:29

Coley wrote:Was he drunk ?

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

LOL ! Basically he was trying to get a grip on ooze. The rain we've had has transformed the ground back into its normal quagmire.
RogerS
Petrified Pine

Name:

Postby SamQ aka Ah! Q! » 11 Mar 2019, 22:52

Oi were digging moi tater patch jus' down t'hill from chez Roger an that therr soil were querr an' heavy...

God really did empty his uric acid pot on the northeast over the last two weeks and the black soil here is SO dense and cloying.

Sam, the 'blow in', blowing hard, getting his veggies in.

PS edit: just spent a few days showing a Ulsterwoman around northern Northumberland(!) and they don’t have any WHAT over there since Saint Patrick? Yup, regular trills of “MOLES!!!” from the back seat! Lovely lass, but fair did my head in somewhere between Bamburgh and Seaton Burn....
A pragmatist inside a perpetual optimist, heavily influenced by an experienced cynic, wrapped around by an aging relic.
SamQ aka Ah! Q!
Old Oak

Name: Sam

Postby TrimTheKing » 13 Mar 2019, 10:43

SamQ aka Ah! Q! wrote:"and they don’t have any WHAT over there since Saint Patrick? Yup, regular trills of “MOLES!!!” from the back seat!"

Is it just me or does that not make any sense at all?? :eusa-think: :lol:
Cheers
Mark
TrimTheKing
Site Admin

Name: Mark

Postby MY63 » 13 Mar 2019, 17:44

He made a right "T P" of your driveway
MY63
Old Oak

Name: Michael

Postby SamQ aka Ah! Q! » 13 Mar 2019, 23:36

Is it just me or does that not make any sense at all?? :eusa-think: :lol:
Cheers
Mark

Mark, Ireland in general, and Norn Iron in particular, does not have a) snakes and b) moles. OK so far?

Rumour, perpetrated by "De Clergy", has it that St. Patrick drove them out. The snakes I mean. It is unrecorded what - if any - scunner he took to moles. As he was originally a pig herder on the slopes of Slemish in Co. Antrim, maybe they out-competed his herd and he decided to get rid of them?

Biologically speaking, as the last Ice Age retreated, no land bridge was available to these two species groups to reinfiltrate Irish soil, whereas there certainly was for mainland Britain: Doggerland. Keeping up?

My Ulsterwoman visitor had never been to rural mainland Britain and she found the copious spoil sites of Talpa europaea in these here parts a complete novelty and commented shrilly and on multiple occasions....there! Did that do it? ;)

I have a typical Biologist's sense of humour and sometimes what we expect as conversational knowledge is in fact arcane to non-practitioners. Apologies. Hope the above DOES make sense.

Sam
A pragmatist inside a perpetual optimist, heavily influenced by an experienced cynic, wrapped around by an aging relic.
SamQ aka Ah! Q!
Old Oak

Name: Sam

Postby TrimTheKing » 14 Mar 2019, 01:24

Haha. I’m fully up to speed with everything you wrote there mate, I just didn’t understand the ‘WHAT’ in the initial reading of the sentence so it completely threw me. :D
Cheers
Mark
TrimTheKing
Site Admin

Name: Mark

Postby Malc2098 » 14 Mar 2019, 10:21

:lol:
Malcolm
Malc2098
Sequoia

Name: Malcolm