It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 17:51

Viewing forum Maps on iPad

Please list any and all bugs, feature requests etc in here and we can pick them up from one place. Only one bug/request per thread please, and make the title relevant so they are easy to pick out.

Viewing forum Maps on iPad

Postby Woodster » 21 Mar 2019, 18:01

Viewing the Members maps and Timber suppliers maps.

You should in theory just be able to click on the forum links to view these maps but if you’re using an iPad and this doesn’t work for you - it didn’t for me using the latest iOS on a iPad Pro - then try this.

Using Safari, on the Members Map link, click on the link until you see the drop down menu then choose: Open in “Google Maps” and the map will appear in Google Maps*

For the Timber Merchants map, again in Safari, click on the link until you see the drop down menu. There is no Google Maps option this time, click on the: Open in New Tab option on the drop down menu. This will open Google Maps in a new window in Safari.

*This assumes you have the Google Maps app installed on your iPad.

Web browsers other than Safari may act differently.
Woodster
Old Oak

Name:

Re: Viewing forum Maps on iPad

Postby Andyp » 21 Mar 2019, 19:24

I don't understand that at all. I do not se any drop downs. just select the link and it either opens in the same tab (the members map) or in a different tab (the timber map)

here is a recording

[youtube]HmIB8lUWE88[/youtube]
I do not think therefore I do not am.

cheers
Andy
Andyp
Petrified Pine

Name: Andy

Postby Woodster » 21 Mar 2019, 19:28

Maybe you’re not holding it long enough, click on the link for a couple of seconds and you’ll get a drop down menu.

Also:

As a point of interest once you’ve visited one of these custom maps the Google Maps app appears to keep these in memory. At least it has on my iPad. If I click on the “hamburger menu” at the top left in the Google Maps app a new menu opens. It you click on the “your places” at the top a new window opens. Across the top are several options, if you click on “Maps” any custom maps you’ve previously visited should appear down the left. On my iPad there are several custom maps listed going back several years.
Woodster
Old Oak

Name:

Postby Woodster » 21 Mar 2019, 19:41

This is the drop down.
Attachments
AFD04BEE-1F68-43B0-88ED-FA35795C9DC4.png
(1.32 MiB)
Woodster
Old Oak

Name:

Postby Andyp » 21 Mar 2019, 20:09

Ahh. I see if I do hold on the link then the drop down menu appears as per your image. I don't have the Google Maps app so I don't get that choice.

I do not think there is much Mark can do with the forum links. I guess that this is in interaction between the Google Maps app and Safari.
I do not think therefore I do not am.

cheers
Andy
Andyp
Petrified Pine

Name: Andy

Postby 9fingers » 21 Mar 2019, 20:24

Andyp wrote:
I do not think there is much Mark can do with the forum links. I guess that this is in interaction between the Google Maps app and Safari.

I think you are right Andy. There are no such difficulties on my PCs so the link information is fine but it is being treated differently on other browsers

Bob.
Information on induction motors here
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1dBTVXx ... sp=sharing
Email:motors@minchin.org.uk
9fingers
Petrified Pine

Location: Romsey Hampshire between Southampton and the New Forest
Name: Bob

Postby Rod » 21 Mar 2019, 21:37

Works fine on my phone but then I use an App beginning with T

Rod
Rod
Old Oak

Name:

Postby Woodster » 21 Mar 2019, 22:47

Andyp wrote:

Well it’s no problem at all as long as folks know. It is a bit strange though that the two Map links work slightly differently. Luckily you only need to use them once, at least on an iPad.
Woodster
Old Oak

Name:

Return to Technical Issues, Bugs and Feature Requests