It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 21:13

Domestic Heat recovery systems

Hang up your Chisels and Plane blades and take a load off with a recently turned goblet of your favourite poison, in the lounge of our Gentlemen's (and ladies) Club.

Re: Domestic Heat recovery systems

Postby 9fingers » 09 Sep 2019, 12:40

RogerS wrote:
9fingers wrote:....
OK it cools the outides air by a micro-degree or 3 but I don't think the neighbours notice.

Bob

Ah...so it's all your fault then why we're shivering up here, Bob :lol:

What do you mean shivering? It’s still t shirt weather here lol

1F270E41-98FD-4E1A-8BDE-51729A7E75AF.jpeg
(279.28 KiB)

Bob
Information on induction motors here
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1dBTVXx ... sp=sharing
Email:motors@minchin.org.uk
9fingers
Petrified Pine

Location: Romsey Hampshire between Southampton and the New Forest
Name: Bob

Postby SamQ aka Ah! Q! » 10 Sep 2019, 09:23

Postby RogerS » Yesterday, 05:45
But they're still walking around Newcastle in shorts and skimpy tops !! You need to man up ;) :D

You need to take your eyes off the wildlife and remember you're married! :D

Seriously, I was struck by just HOW different the southern micro-climate - particularly around Bristol - was compared to the north-east's one. I've commuted thence and back a few times now (helping No3 and his partner dig a home out of the bombsite they mortaged on) and we've left them in shorts and sandals mode, got home to socks and an extra pully, only to have them phone that evening and remark it's still balmy!!

So, it's not surprising (to me) that Bob'n'Rob can be thermally replete, but up here we're wondering if the Lifas are still packed away in the loft.

Mind you, I have a mountaineering mate up in sheep-molesting country, north of Fife that is, and HIS place can be frikkin' Baltic in June! And that's before he and I put in a few thousand feet of ascent.

Sam
A pragmatist inside a perpetual optimist, heavily influenced by an experienced cynic, wrapped around by an aging relic.
SamQ aka Ah! Q!
Old Oak

Name: Sam

Postby RogerS » 10 Sep 2019, 09:30

Sam

Did you ever come across a guy called Duncan Sperry during your mountaineering exploits ?

Roger
If opportunity doesn't knock, build a door.
RogerS
Petrified Pine

Name:

Postby Woodbloke » 10 Sep 2019, 09:42

SamQ aka Ah! Q! wrote:
Seriously, I was struck by just HOW different the southern micro-climate - particularly around Bristol - was compared to the north-east's one. I've commuted thence and back a few times now (helping No3 and his partner dig a home out of the bombsite they mortaged on) and we've left them in shorts and sandals mode, got home to socks and an extra pully, only to have them phone that evening and remark it's still balmy!!
Sam

Agreed Sam. No.1 daughter lives in Carlisle and she permanently reminds us that it's either cold, windy or wet 'oop Narth'. When the locals enquire about her accent and she mentions Salisbury their reply generally includes the phrase 'southern softie'. Or similar, with suitable adjectives :lol: - Rob
I no longer work for Axminster Tools & Machinery.
Woodbloke
Sequoia

Name:

Postby SamQ aka Ah! Q! » 10 Sep 2019, 10:11

Sam

Did you ever come across a guy called Duncan Sperry during your mountaineering exploits ?

Roger

Not to be introduced to, Roger, but we're a cheery lot and tend to greet and natter briefly to fellow outdoorsies as we pass them 'on the hill'. I may have thus saluted him, without ever knowing his moniker.

You tend to get more informed/introduced if you bump into them when you are re-hydrating(!) at the end of the day. Pubs in Scotland are also great places for buying the local ghillie or landowner 'a wee dram' and then getting good verbal path and scramble info to take you off the beaten track and away from the grockles clutching their guidebooks...

I am most familiar with the western Scotland hills, from maybe, north, from Crianlarich to Assynt, but I've also ambled over Cairgorm, Spittle of Glenshee, etc etc. I'm not a 'driven' Munro bagger (only got 87 or so, out of the 200-plus) but, Corbetts and Grahams really don't 'do it' for me. My favourite is Sgurr Fiona and the Corrag Bhuidhe pinnacles on An Teallach. Crackin' day out, that. Next best one after that would be watching Angel Glacier on Mount Edith Cavell 'birthing' a berg same size as a skyscraper.

Sam, now steeping in memories, and needing to look up old photos...
A pragmatist inside a perpetual optimist, heavily influenced by an experienced cynic, wrapped around by an aging relic.
SamQ aka Ah! Q!
Old Oak

Postby SamQ aka Ah! Q! » 10 Sep 2019, 10:18

Agreed Sam. No.1 daughter lives in Carlisle and she permanently reminds us that it's either cold, windy or wet 'oop Narth'.
When the locals enquire about her accent and she mentions Salisbury their reply generally includes the phrase 'southern softie'. Or similar, with suitable adjectives :lol: - Rob

Absolutely identify with both of those Rob!! I come from the north coast of Northern Ireland, Lough Foyle direction, and its precipitation, sheltered only by Malin Head from the North Atlantic...boy, you REALLY learn what "lashing rain" means!

Round here, my Durham-educated son and his muckers use "southern fairies".... :o Sorry!

I was not far from you recently, but medical events precluded me getting away, next time p'raps.

Sam
SamQ aka Ah! Q!
Old Oak

Postby Woodbloke » 10 Sep 2019, 12:39

SamQ aka Ah! Q! wrote:
I was not far from you recently, but medical events precluded me getting away, next time p'raps.

Sam

Absolutely Sam! - Rob
I no longer work for Axminster Tools & Machinery.
Woodbloke
Sequoia

Name:

Previous

Return to The Woodmangler's Retreat