It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 17:44

More on Images in Posts

Share everything from your tablesaw sled design to how best to calculate magnetic North using only woodshavings and a blunt carpenters pencil...

More on Images in Posts

Postby nfcm » 27 Nov 2014, 11:35

Here's some information in addition to Bob's excellent post on embedding images: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=64

I looked up the "Img" tag in the phpbb help - that's the underlying software running Woodhaven and found this explanation of how to use "Img"

Note - the net result will be the same as Bob's instructions. I don't think there's any advantage to using "Img" I was just curious as to what it did / how to use it - I was a programmer for many years and still dabble in such stuff occasionally - but wood is easier to "persuade" into something useful or beautiful than software :lol:

Showing images in posts

Adding an image to a post
phpBB BBCode incorporates a tag for including images in your posts. Two very important things to remember when using this tag are: many users do not appreciate lots of images being shown in posts and secondly the image you display must already be available on the internet (it cannot exist only on your computer for example, unless you run a webserver!). To display an image you must surround the URL pointing to the image with tags. For example:

img http://www.phpbb.com/theme/images/logos/blue/160x52.png /img

note - you need to put square brackets around img in the example to make it work - if I'd left them it the command would have embedded the image and the command would be lost from the posting. Press the Img button above the text box when doing a post and you'll see what I mean.
Cheers
David
nfcm
Seedling

Name: David

Re: More on Images in Posts

Postby Andyp » 27 Nov 2014, 13:46

David, I only ever use the IMG tag if I want to grab some random image off the web to illustrate a point.

All the major photo sharing sites these days tend to have a list the various embedding options so with my own images it is quickest to just copy and paste the relevant link.

I've removed your other thread BTW.
I do not think therefore I do not am.

cheers
Andy
Andyp
Petrified Pine

Name: Andy

Return to Tips & Tutorials