It is currently 07 Jul 2020, 12:40

Eterno Ivica Star.T. tile support system.

Hang up your Chisels and Plane blades and take a load off with a recently turned goblet of your favourite poison, in the lounge of our Gentlemen's (and ladies) Club.

Re: Eterno Ivica Star.T. tile support system.

Postby RogerS » 22 Jun 2020, 21:33

woodstalker wrote:
RogerS wrote:
woodstalker wrote:I'm planning on using the pedestal system on our roof terrace to carry the inside floor covering across the threshold to the roof decking. Interesting to see how you get on.

Are you going to use Eterno's or another make ? Seem to recall reading that on balconies you need a special type.

Hi Rog,

I have looked at a few but to be honest we are at the design stage so don't have it all properly specc'd yet. Something like this is what we have in mind:

https://surface360.co.uk/products/paving-tile-support-systems

the raised deck at the back is going to be infilled underneath to create another lower ground floor room and the deck itself replaced with a flat roof. We are planning on a tile system so the structural engineer will take it into account when calculating the roof structure this is going to sit on.

Are you going to do this yourself ? Do you realise that the system that the company in the link you've provided is made by Eterna...an Italian company..the same company that I'm using ....bit of a cheek TBH them renaming it as if it is there own! You can buy it from Tilefixdirect and other places. https://www.tilefixdirect.com/category/pedestals
Fewer Smart things. More smart people.
RogerS
Sequoia

Name:

Postby woodstalker » 23 Jun 2020, 15:22

Hi Roger,

No not doing it myself; that link was just indicative of what we would like to do. My days of building stuff like you’d are way behind me. It’s a bit like pretty much every budget woodworking machine for sale. All made in same factory with the branding label added at the end...
woodstalker
New Shoots

Name:

Postby RogerS » 23 Jun 2020, 17:59

woodstalker wrote:Hi Roger,

No not doing it myself; that link was just indicative of what we would like to do. My days of building stuff like you’d are way behind me. It’s a bit like pretty much every budget woodworking machine for sale. All made in same factory with the branding label added at the end...

I take your point but not in this case. The product your site 'assumed' title to is actually designed and made by the Italian company Eterno.

It's currently a toss-up between doing the orangerie and the tiles on the terrace. We've got two very good days coming. I'm hoping to have the orangerie guttering finished by close of play tomorrow and that gives me Thursday to lay the terrace 5.6m x 3.2m.
Fewer Smart things. More smart people.
RogerS
Sequoia

Name:

Previous

Return to The Woodmangler's Retreat