• Hi all and welcome to TheWoodHaven2 brought into the 21st Century, kicking and screaming! We all have Alasdair to thank for the vast bulk of the heavy lifting to get us here, no more so than me because he's taken away a huge burden of responsibility from my shoulders and brought us to this new shiny home, with all your previous content (hopefully) still intact! Please peruse and feed back. There is still plenty to do, like changing the colour scheme, adding the banner graphic, tweaking the odd setting here and there so I have added a new thread in the 'Technical Issues, Bugs and Feature Requests' forum for you to add any issues you find, any missing settings or just anything you'd like to see added/removed from the feature set that Xenforo offers. We will get to everything over the coming weeks so please be patient, but add anything at all to the thread I mention above and we promise to get to them over the next few days/weeks/months. In the meantime, please enjoy!

Hello to all

GeoffW

Seedling
Reaction score
Name
Geoff
Hi,
From being in 'that other place' for some time now, I find myself lurking on here more and more, so I've finally got around to joining.

I'm a hobbyist woodworker who, now retired, spends most days doing something wood related. (It's become a bit of an addiction)
My workshop is just a single car garage that I have gradually turned into something that suits my needs.

Thanks for having me, and I look forward to picking peoples brains...

Geoff

Welcome Geoff, lovely to have you on here and look forward to seeing photos of what you get up to

Welcome Geoff from NW France.

You might be surprised at what can be squeezed into, and out of, a single garage around here.
This is what I mean by small...IMG_20231217_122206.jpg

Mod Edit to insert thumbnail into the thread properly

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome Adrian. Lovely workshop - bigger than mine.
His name is Geoff. I am Adrian. But you can call me Geoff if you like.

(I put Adrian on the end of my greeting because then he knows my name, since names no longer appear in panel on the left)

I put Adrian on the end of my greeting because then he knows my name, since names no longer appear in panel on the left)

Click on your name in the blue line at the top of the page^.

Click on Settings, then Account Details, and scroll down to just below Location. You can fill your name in there. I don't think that migrated with the change-over, so you have to re-do it.

"...His name is Geoff. I am Adrian...."

I've been called a lot worse! ;)

Hi Geoff and a warm welcome from Northumberland.
I'd guess most of us have used a shed or single garage at some time and your's looks very well organised. I'd usually need to have a tidy up before submitting pics of mine on an open forum. :ROFLMAO:

Hi Geoff and a warm welcome from Northumberland.
I'd guess most of us have used a shed or single garage at some time and your's looks very well organised. I'd usually need to have a tidy up before submitting pics of mine on an open forum. :ROFLMAO:
Hi,
And thanks for still talking to me after I stole your bandsaw box design, over in UKW.😁

"' 'Bout ye?!"** Geoff.

I, like you, am in a single garage space: bench, Waddy AGS, Elecktra Beckum P/T and Axi H.V.L.P. down one side, lathe, D.P., combi sander, bandsaw and H.P.L.V. down the other. Various bits screwed directly to the O.S.B. lining.. It's cosy in there 😳!

** Belfast patois: " Hello and how are you?"

Hi Geoff,

Welcome to the forum, has Anyone mentioned that we like pictures?
Hi Dave,
Thanks for the welcome.
It was indeed mentioned, And I'm led to believe that opinions on sharpening techniques are always welcome....😁

Back