It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 09:09

hello from oxfordshire

Visit here first to sign the visitors book, say your first 'Hello', share something about yourself and have a read of the forum rules.

hello from oxfordshire

Postby pharcycle » 13 Mar 2021, 20:12

Hi All,

thought I'd say hi from behind the hailstorms in Oxfordshire as I will probably be needing some advice before long. I've lurked around here for sometime, mainly discovered this site from trying to iron out some of the details for my garden workshop I'm starting this year. Anyway hello, I'm Dave. I've been rennovating my house for the last few years so I'm hopeful I'll not make a complete hash of this workshop but I guess the uncertainty is part of the fun.

currently digging out the ground for the slab - I think I'll be doing well to just get that finished this year but you never know.

Also some screenshots of my oh-so-original workshop design I'm planning that I've definitely not ripped off from Mike G's awesome design.

The ridge beam won't be sticking out, I think an assembly cut got suppressed and I can't be bothered to fix it

workshop_1.png
workshop
(144.99 KiB)

workshop_2.png
workshop timbers
(232.13 KiB)
pharcycle
Seedling

Name:

Re: hello from oxfordshire

Postby TrimTheKing » 13 Mar 2021, 20:16

Hi Dave and welcome. We love a workshop build round here so looking forward to seeing this play out.
Cheers
Mark
TrimTheKing
Site Admin

Name: Mark

Postby DaveL » 13 Mar 2021, 20:49

Hi. Dave,

Welcome to the forum, you can't have too many Daves!
I see you already know that we like pictures.
Regards,
Dave
My tool kit is almost complete, only a few more to get.
DaveL
Old Oak

Name: Dave

Postby Mike G » 13 Mar 2021, 20:52

Hi Dave, and welcome.

That looks great. No obvious howlers there. Maybe a window or two more than you need, but it should be a great workshop. Happy to help where I can.

Mike
Mike G
Sequoia

Name:

Postby pharcycle » 13 Mar 2021, 21:43

Thanks all, I live in a semi-detached house and don't have a garage, over the last few years I've been buying more and more tools to do various construction jobs around the hosue and now it's like a jigsaw puzzle if I need to move anything so need some breathing space! Also now I've fitted out the downstairs making sawdust in my kitchen takes a bit longer to clean up

Mike G wrote:Hi Dave, and welcome.

That looks great. No obvious howlers there. Maybe a window or two more than you need, but it should be a great workshop. Happy to help where I can.

Mike

Much appreciated, I'll start a thread for this in the appropriate place as I have a couple of questions about the finer details

thanks all
pharcycle
Seedling

Name:

Postby Malc2098 » 13 Mar 2021, 22:13

Welcome from Deepest Mid-Devon.

Send built workshops are great!
Malcolm
Malc2098
Sequoia

Name: Malcolm

Postby Cabinetman » 02 Apr 2021, 11:34

Hi, welcome Dave, looking forward to the build – another foot or two in any direction would pay dividends later. Ian
Cabinetman
Old Oak

Name: Ian

Return to Welcome (Introductions)