It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 15:04

Resin floors

This forum is for any general questions, queries or plain old chinwaggery on Woody stuff in general.

Resin floors

Postby AJB Temple » 06 Oct 2021, 17:09

Not sure where to put this, so mods please shift if you wish.

Does anyone have experience of resin floors in a domestic setting? I am toying with the idea of laying a resin floor through my new music room (still being finished) and the adjacent sitting room. About 100 square metres at most. All over existing concrete.

There are DIY solutions and offerings from tradesmen. Prices vary from about £50 a square metre to circa £200 a square metre. (Were it to be a much larger space, there would be significant economies of scale). The upper end of this is not a viable option price wise. The best ones seem to be four coats, optionally over an acoustic mat, and take 6 days.

My concern is that although there are lots of advantages, it has been suggested that they are not as robust as the TV makeover programmes would have us believe. We have for example 2 big sofas with small metal castors and a big piano with big double width metal castors. If these will leave tracks then resin is not viable.
Don't like: wood, engines, electrickery, decorating, tiling, laying stone, plumbing, gardening or any kind of DIY. Not wild about spiders either.
AJB Temple
Sequoia

Name:

Return to General Woodworking