It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 10:58

Nicely Handled!

The place to talk about tools 'without tails', so come here with all your plane and chisel, burnisher and bradawl chatter.

Nicely Handled!

Postby Woodster » 16 Jul 2022, 22:43

Woodster
Old Oak

Name:

Re: Nicely Handled!

Postby Cabinetman » 17 Jul 2022, 02:44

He always reminds me of kenny Everet doing Reg Prescott, just can’t take him seriously after that sorry.
Cabinetman
Old Oak

Name: Ian

Postby Woodbloke » 18 Jul 2022, 10:22

Cabinetman wrote:He always reminds me of kenny Everet doing Reg Prescott, just can’t take him seriously after that sorry.

I can't take him seriously, full stop. The only Sellers worth watching is the Peter variety :lol: - Rob
I no longer work for Axminster Tools & Machinery.
Woodbloke
Sequoia

Name:

Postby Doug » 18 Jul 2022, 13:47

Of the few videos I’ve seen of him I find it all quite amateurish, take the one in the link surely if he had done the slightest bit of planning he would have had a couple of small off cuts of ply to enable the handle to be clamped securely? But no he carries on with the handle flip flopping from side to side as he saws with the coping saw.

A lot of these people just make content for contents sake to hit the latest you tube quota I’m sure of it, plus is there a prize for the most sycophantic commenter :eusa-think:
Doug
Old Oak

Name:

Postby AJB Temple » 18 Jul 2022, 14:02

I did click on the video. Skipped most of it to see final result. Where he made the valley bottoms looked uneven and poorly finished. I thought holding the blade by the teeth with no protection, not even a bit of tape was just plain daft, and all that rasping with the saw wobbling about looked amateurish to me. I wasn't quite sure why he was fiddling with this saw, as he didn't really appear to be fitting it to his hand and as he already had an identical saw there seemed little merit in doing another one.

Each to their own I suppose. I am not familiar with his work.
Don't like: wood, engines, electrickery, decorating, tiling, laying stone, plumbing, gardening or any kind of DIY. Not wild about spiders either.
AJB Temple
Sequoia

Name:

Postby Alder » 18 Jul 2022, 21:43

I suppose it would help shorten the winter.
Russell
Alder
New Shoots

Name: Russell Evans

Return to Hand Toolery