It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 20:34

SIP tablesaw 01332/01446 owners, help please

Here's the place to talk about all your table saws, bandsaws, routers and dust extractors. In fact anything that makes noise and uses electrickery.

SIP tablesaw 01332/01446 owners, help please

Postby DBT85 » 07 Oct 2021, 23:14

I have attempted to solicit help...elsewhere but I know a few of you have moved to pastures new.

Anyway. Long story short. I have an older 01446 tablesaw, they revised some parts internally and now things don't line up like they should since I ordered a new motor mount. If you have one that's not 10 years old, can you take this pic for me and post it ideally with the date you got yours new.

The square nub on the top motor mount there used to be on the left of the part, now its on the right. That means things don't line up to connect to the worm gear because they also moved/revised something else, having seen an itech 01332 I think I know what they did, but more pics is more betterer to go back to SIP with and say "see, your diagrams are wrong".

Thanks!
Attachments
20211001_150208 (2).jpg
(289.03 KiB)
DBT85
Seedling

Name: Darren

Re: SIP tablesaw 01332/01446 owners, help please

Postby Lons » 08 Oct 2021, 07:16

That's disturbing Darren.
I can't help as my 01332 is well over 10 years old so will be old style as well. I had to replace the worm gear on mine quite a few years ago and they had changed the handle fitting but didn't know about that until I pointed it out and had to modify mine rather than buy a new one.
The tech guys are generally OK but the company just buys the machines in like everyone else and I guess they can't know everything.
I have a degree in faffing about (It must be true, my wife says so)
Lons
Old Oak

Name: Bob

Re: SIP tablesaw 01332/01446 owners, help please

Postby DBT85 » 08 Oct 2021, 09:31

Lons wrote:That's disturbing Darren.
I can't help as my 01332 is well over 10 years old so will be old style as well. I had to replace the worm gear on mine quite a few years ago and they had changed the handle fitting but didn't know about that until I pointed it out and had to modify mine rather than buy a new one.
The tech guys are generally OK but the company just buys the machines in like everyone else and I guess they can't know everything.

I don't mind that it was revised as that's just sensible if improvements can be made, but if you look at the technical drawing for the new parts they literally cannot go back together how they show it which means it hasn't kept up with the revisions and makes buying parts correctly difficult.

I've been in conversation with Mike Bott at SIP talking about the saw for a few months and he has been very helpful, but sadly they don't have a saw built there to look at and confirm my suspicions and I don't think anyone that sells them will have one in a showroom as they are likely delivered direct from the main warehouse like most large items.

Apparently they did (do?) have a kit to convert the older 01332s to the new system, but he couldn't find anything on the 01446 and the parts aren't quite the same I don't think. Not that I can tell without a modern photo or correct TDs!

I do have a solution that I think will work should I not be able to find the correct parts, but naturally I'd rather a 4hp 12" spinning blade was entirely stock rather than modified around the business end!
DBT85
Seedling

Name: Darren

Return to Machines & Power Toolery