It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 17:57

Axminster Carba-Tec Mk11

The place to find and post anything related to the world of spinning wood at ridiculously high speeds!

Axminster Carba-Tec Mk11

Postby Turner2021 » 08 Jan 2021, 16:43

Is there anyone out there who has one of these machines? I've just aquired one and it looks like there is some wiring missing from inside the controller - the lathe starts when green button is pressed but the internal relay doesn't 'latch-in' so you have to keep green button depressed. does anyone have and internal wiring diagram of the controller or possibly send me a couple of pics of the inside of their controller - making sure it's unplugged from the mains first!

many thanks
Turner2021
Seedling

Name:

Re: Axminster Carba-Tec Mk11

Postby DaveL » 08 Jan 2021, 19:43

Is your lathe used? If yes then it could well be that dust has made its way into the switch and stopping the holding contact from closing.
Regards,
Dave
My tool kit is almost complete, only a few more to get.
DaveL
Old Oak

Name: Dave

Postby sunnybob » 08 Jan 2021, 20:05

Is this the common NVR switch with one red and one green button on a single phase machine?
If so, reverse the wires on the switch so that "in" becomes "out" and "out" becomes "in".
The fault you describe (if it is that switch) can be fixed this way.
my wood projects are here https://pbase.com/sunnybob
sunnybob
Old Oak

Name:

Postby Turner2021 » 10 Jan 2021, 11:43

Thanks for the info. Yes mine is single phase with red & green buttons plus speed control knob. Tried swapping over R&G buttons with the following results:-
Lathe runs as soon as the wall plug is switched on(without touching any control button). Red button turns it of but as soon as red button is released, lathe runs again. Green button is inactive.
Turner2021
Seedling

Name:

Postby sunnybob » 10 Jan 2021, 12:38

I had exactly this problem on a brand new machine out of the box. Sadly, that was 6 years ago and my memory is not perfect now.
But I know that it is in the connections.
Can you trace the wires back? so that you can be certain which is the live incoming?
The switch should be marked as "in" and " out"
make sure the live and neutral mains in are on the same side of the switch and the correct way round. Then (obviously) the motor wiring on the other side.
my wood projects are here https://pbase.com/sunnybob
sunnybob
Old Oak

Name:

Postby Turner2021 » 14 Jan 2021, 10:25

Thanks guys, all sorted. By reversing the on/off buttons, it freed the relay, which was sticking as it turned out!

Thanks again for your help!
Turner2021
Seedling

Name:

Return to Turning (Wood or any other material you fancy)