It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 12:01

Anyone else aiming for Weekender!

The place to find and post anything related to the world of spinning wood at ridiculously high speeds!

Anyone else aiming for Weekender!

Postby CHJ » 21 Mar 2022, 09:18

Chestnut's Swindon Weekender, not just for Turners but all crafts involving finishing and colouring.

Personally hoping to be there all day Saturday & evening event at least.

Follow This Link To see a fuller list of who's at the event.
Chas. just a traveller on the road of time. Bits & Pieces Gallery ... My Web Site
CHJ
Sapling

Name: Chas Jones

Re: Anyone else aiming for Weekender!

Postby TrimTheKing » 23 Mar 2022, 17:36

Looks good but decent trek from me so I'll probably give it a miss.
Cheers
Mark
TrimTheKing
Site Admin

Name: Mark

Postby Phil Pascoe » 23 Mar 2022, 18:39

Yours is a 300 mile round trip, mine's a 400. Likewise.
Phil Pascoe
Old Oak

Name: phil

Postby CHJ » 23 Mar 2022, 18:54

TrimTheKing wrote:Looks good but decent trek from me so I'll probably give it a miss.
Distance has been my problem with the previous events, no excuse for me this time as it's adjacent to a regular shopping venue, looking forward to breaking the community gathering drought and meeting some old acquaintances face to face. From what I saw on-line of past events there seems to be as much emphasis on the 'Family Gathering' atmosphere over a pint and some music as the actual demos.

Some short video samples here
Chas. just a traveller on the road of time. Bits & Pieces Gallery ... My Web Site
CHJ
Sapling

Postby Dalboy » 23 Mar 2022, 20:39

Even though I have family in the area I am still not happy travelling as well as meeting people in largish gatherings which is a shame in one respect as the last one here in Canterbury was on my doorstep not even a five minute drive but did not feel happy in myself with this covid situation.
I know I should really start to get out which I will do eventually
Dalboy
Old Oak

Name:

Postby CHJ » 24 Mar 2022, 00:48

Fully understand and respect the reasons for your caution Derek, we are very much in the age related risk category but fortunately no underlying health risks so are living as normal as possible, including trips to Leicestershire and holidaying in Yorkshire, just paying a little more attention to hygiene when out and about.

We have unknowingly had close physical contact with covid infected individuals locally a couple of times since we have had jabs without contracting it or at least being aware of any symptoms so we just keep fingers crossed.

Strange how infections spread, local friends have had it without any known contact source and yet a family member in Leicestershire visiting multiple offices in the very high incidence areas and working alongside folks who have shown signs during the day and tested positive has never contracted it or shown any positive results in daily checks.
Bavarian family members, 3 individuals contracted it, 4th member in same household did not test positive.
CHJ
Sapling

Return to Turning (Wood or any other material you fancy)